Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chamberlain thread

+5
Just Braying It
pse1124
Freedom Forever
Darth Cheney
BladeRunner
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chamberlain thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Chamberlain thread

Post  Freedom Forever Tue May 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Liberal wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Are they also giving equal time to a Native American "prayer/drum song" before each session?

That's what I was wondering. Doubt anyone will answer that one though. Crying or Very sad

I say give em all the time they want. Next question; how many NA groups have even asked to be part of the RC council prayer time. You have no idea, do you? So why grant something that is not being requested? Ya know it is impossible to represent every group, religion, sexually orientation, political view point at ever event right? At some point somewhere in every day living someone is exclude for sake of getting down to business Once again you guys just hacked up on this forum as usual.

Your posts are the same crap over and over. You stand against most of the threads here and yet never take a stand for anything. Why? You might be called out on it and be labeled a hypocrite. Just like all the Christian you obviously hate.

There's your answer hack. Very Happy

Last edited by Freedom Forever on Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Tue May 21, 2013 10:40 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

Sorry, I am too busy with family and friends to click on that link and find out what point you're trying to make.

Maybe you could provide some bullet points from it?

Sure, being the Christian that I am, I'd be more than willing to help. The Rapid City city council has a prayer before each meeting. Do you think that's right?

You're very welcome.

Is there any part of the of the first amendment regarding religion that you would like to be schooled on or do you wish to follow the liberal mantra of being wrong in their interpretation?

How are they "wrong"? Do you see it differently than the Supreme Court does:

Separation of Church and State
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/churchandstate.html

THOMAS JEFFERSON'S PRESIDENCY
Unlike his predecessors Presidents Washington and Adams, Thomas Jefferson opposed Presidential proclamations for prayer, fasting and thanksgiving. Well-known for his unorthodox religious opinions as well as for his liberal views on religious liberty and the separation of church and state, Jefferson was the writer of Virginia's Statute for Religious Freedom, which ended all practice of state-supported religion in Virginia when it was enacted into law in 1786.

Jefferson was the one who coined the phrase "wall of separation between Church and State" in a letter he wrote to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802, in which he described his understanding of the meaning of the religious clauses of the First Amendment.

EVERSON V. BOARD OF EDUCATION (1947)
The Supreme Court unanimously affirmed the separation of church and state and used Jefferson's letter for the court opinion. Justice Black said, "That wall must be kept high and impregnable." Most of the Supreme Court's church-state decisions handed down since this case have been grounded in the Everson standard.
There is no such thing as "seperation of church and state" in the constitution. It's not even implied. Nothing in there says that you can't pray in front of other people. What it does say however, is that there can be no official government religion, and government ccannot force me to worship a certain deity. I don't care what the supreme court says. If they have a position other than what I said, than they are wrong.
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed May 22, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks for the burst-out laugh pse1124.
Great satire on the far extremists. It sounded as if you didn't even read the link (which is also typical of them). Good job. Funny!!!!

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

Sorry, I am too busy with family and friends to click on that link and find out what point you're trying to make.

Sure, being the Christian that I am, I'd be more than willing to help. The Rapid City city council has a prayer before each meeting. Do you think that's right?

You're very welcome.

Is there any part of the of the first amendment regarding religion that you would like to be schooled on or do you wish to follow the liberal mantra of being wrong in their interpretation?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

Unlike his predecessors Presidents Washington and Adams, Thomas Jefferson opposed Presidential proclamations for prayer, fasting and thanksgiving. Well-known for his unorthodox religious opinions as well as for his liberal views on religious liberty and the separation of church and state, Jefferson was the writer of Virginia's Statute for Religious Freedom, which ended all practice of state-supported religion in Virginia when it was enacted into law in 1786.

Jefferson was the one who coined the phrase "wall of separation between Church and State" in a letter he wrote to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802, in which he described his understanding of the meaning of the religious clauses of the First Amendment.

The Supreme Court unanimously affirmed the separation of church and state and used Jefferson's letter for the court opinion. Justice Black said, "That wall must be kept high and impregnable." Most of the Supreme Court's church-state decisions handed down since this case have been grounded in the Everson standard.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. What the hell does Everson v Board of Eduction, a court case concerning public funds being used for parochial school busing, have to do with the Rapid City Council saying a non-denominational prayer before a meeting? The more applicable court case would be Marsh v Chambers that upheld the right of the Nebraska Legislature to have a state -supported chaplain open legislative sessions with a prayer and carved out a narrow exception for such. pse1124 is right, there is no separation of church and state per se in the Constitution and only entered the legal lexicon as obiter dictum (in passing-no legal authority). Now if you wish to have an actual descant over the establishment clause, have at it. study study study
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed May 22, 2013 1:14 pm

It doesn't. The link was posted in response to nightlight's comment (not the RC issue). nightlight did go a little off-topic, no big deal. The reply was to his comment. See above.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Liberal wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

You're very welcome.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. What the hell does Everson v Board of Eduction, a court case concerning public funds being used for parochial school busing, have to do with the Rapid City Council saying a non-denominational prayer before a meeting? The more applicable court case would be Marsh v Chambers that upheld the right of the Nebraska Legislature to have a state -supported chaplain open legislative sessions with a prayer and carved out a narrow exception for such. pse1124 is right, there is no separation of church and state per se in the Constitution and only entered the legal lexicon as obiter dictum (in passing-no legal authority). Now if you wish to have an actual descant over the establishment clause, have at it. study study study
Chamberlain thread - Page 2 405190173

That's what I was wondering. Doubt anyone will answer that one though. Crying or Very Crying or Very sad

We need a new icon, depicting a lib back pedaling. clown
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed May 22, 2013 1:31 pm

What does either have to do with the Chamberlain situation?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Wed May 22, 2013 2:17 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:What does either have to do with the Chamberlain situation?

Genghis Kahn blah, blah, blah....
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 am

Freedom Forever wrote:
Liberal wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Are they also giving equal time to a Native American "prayer/drum song" before each session?

That's what I was wondering. Doubt anyone will answer that one though. Crying or Very sad

I say give em all the time they want. Next question; how many NA groups have even asked to be part of the RC council prayer time. You have no idea, do you? So why grant something that is not being requested? Ya know it is impossible to represent every group, religion, sexually orientation, political view point at ever event right? At some point somewhere in every day living someone is exclude for sake of getting down to business Once again you guys just hacked up on this forum as usual.

Your posts are the same crap over and over. You stand against most of the threads here and yet never take a stand for anything. Why? You might be called out on it and be labeled a hypocrite. Just like all the Christian you obviously hate.

There's your answer hack. Very Happy
Chamberlain thread - Page 2 2231921331 Chamberlain thread - Page 2 3423955186
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Sun May 26, 2013 7:40 am

No stupid come back yet liberal? Chamberlain thread - Page 2 2231921331
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Tue May 28, 2013 1:14 pm

[quote="Liberal"]
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Liberal wrote:

I answered several days ago. No senseless come back from you yet. Chamberlain thread - Page 2 2231921331

Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue May 28, 2013 3:27 pm

I wasn't looking for an answer but I knew you would. I just wanted to give you a chance to let your Christian persecution complex shine. Thanks for chasing the carrot so nicely.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Tue May 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Liberal wrote:I wasn't looking for an answer but I knew you would. I just wanted to give you a chance to let your Christian persecution complex shine. Thanks for chasing the carrot so nicely.

WoW you don't disappoint. That made absolutely no sense. Don't you ever leave here.

Chamberlain thread - Page 2 1250919165 hack
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue May 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:
Liberal wrote:I wasn't looking for an answer but I knew you would. I just wanted to give you a chance to let your Christian persecution complex shine. Thanks for chasing the carrot so nicely.

WoW you don't disappoint. That made absolutely no sense. Don't you ever leave here.

Although I'm not surprised that that one went over your head, I am disappointed that you didn't reference my dead Mom in your post.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Wed May 29, 2013 12:06 am

Liberal wrote:
Freedom Forever wrote:

Although I'm not surprised that that one went over your head, I am disappointed that you didn't reference my dead Mom in your post.

Your trolling would get you banned over in the cesspool.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Wed May 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Liberal wrote:
Freedom Forever wrote:

If only I could believe you. I don't, as you are here under false pretense, Raider. You are Raider Fan

Troll on ............. hack
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2