Most depressing movie of all time

Go down

Most depressing movie of all time

Post  Clicker on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Just wasted 2 hrs being totally depressed to the point of being glad my gun is locked up in the safe. Wifey wanted to see "Nebraska" mostly because it had nominees in it. By the time it was half gone I was ready to run screaming!!!!
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 1220
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most depressing movie of all time

Post  Darth Cheney on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Clicker wrote:Just wasted 2 hrs being totally depressed to the point of being glad my gun is locked up in the safe.  Wifey wanted to see "Nebraska" mostly because it had nominees in it.  By the time it was half gone I was ready to run screaming!!!!

I liked it...

the beginning sucks and goes slow but the old man's wife is hilarious.

It won't make movie of the year, isn't action packed, but for a low budget movie I would recommend it.

Listen to your wife!!!
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3543
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most depressing movie of all time

Post  Clicker on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Clicker wrote:Just wasted 2 hrs being totally depressed to the point of being glad my gun is locked up in the safe.  Wifey wanted to see "Nebraska" mostly because it had nominees in it.  By the time it was half gone I was ready to run screaming!!!!

I liked it...

the beginning sucks and goes slow but the old man's wife is hilarious.

It won't make movie of the year, isn't action packed, but for a low budget movie I would recommend it.

Listen to your wife!!!

Even the music was depressing. Sure the actors did a great job but the direction etc was horrible. It will no doubt be shown in asylums to prod the inmates to suicide thinning the population.
avatar
Clicker

Posts : 1220
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most depressing movie of all time

Post  Darth Cheney on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Clicker wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Clicker wrote:Just wasted 2 hrs being totally depressed to the point of being glad my gun is locked up in the safe.  Wifey wanted to see "Nebraska" mostly because it had nominees in it.  By the time it was half gone I was ready to run screaming!!!!

I liked it...

the beginning sucks and goes slow but the old man's wife is hilarious.

It won't make movie of the year, isn't action packed, but for a low budget movie I would recommend it.

Listen to your wife!!!

Even the music was depressing.  Sure the actors did a great job but the direction etc was horrible. It will no doubt be shown in asylums to prod the inmates to suicide thinning the population.

I thought I was the ultimate pessimistic movie critic...I Bow to your greatness! cheers
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3543
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most depressing movie of all time

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:48 am

I loved that movie. From the gritty black and white rendition to Bruce Dern's portrayal of a delusional old man to the bitchy, acerbic Mom. Will Forte was a total surprise considering his comedic background and plays his straight, oatmeal bland part to perfection. Even the music captures the melancholy of a small town that the world and time has passed by, not unlike the characters with all their missed chances and opportunities. This is about "Everyman" and the quiet lives of desperation they/we live, not experiencing the little and subtle moments until it's too late and they/we are buried, taking our song of life to the grave. Who among us haven't seen some of these characters in our own lives, in our own families? The introspection is definitely unnerving at times. I thought "Nebraska" was robbed of Best Picture last year in the Academy Awards by "The Dallas Buyers Club".
avatar
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most depressing movie of all time

Post  Darth Cheney on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:35 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:I loved that movie. From the gritty black and white rendition to Bruce Dern's portrayal of a delusional old man to the bitchy, acerbic Mom. Will Forte was a total surprise considering his comedic background and plays his straight, oatmeal bland part to perfection. Even the music captures the melancholy of a small town that the world and time has passed by, not unlike the characters with all their missed chances and opportunities. This is about "Everyman" and the quiet lives of desperation they/we live, not experiencing the little and subtle moments until it's too late and they/we are buried, taking our song of life to the grave. Who among us haven't seen some of these characters in our own lives, in our own families? The introspection is definitely unnerving at times. I thought "Nebraska" was robbed of Best Picture last year in the Academy Awards by "The Dallas Buyers Club".

Dammit...now I have to get my Thesaurus out to see what the hell you wrote. Can you please speak in redneck/trailer house tongue? scratch
avatar
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3543
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Most depressing movie of all time

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum