Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Bible discussion

+2
Darth Cheney
Just Braying It
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Good Bible discussion Empty Good Bible discussion

Post  Just Braying It Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:19 am

I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss the Bible with everyone whether they be Christian or not. To start, what is everyone's take on Matthew 6:25-34? Probably my favorite verse!

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Good Bible discussion Empty Re: Good Bible discussion

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss the Bible with everyone whether they be Christian or not. To start, what is everyone's take on Matthew 6:25-34? Probably my favorite verse!

God hates faggots so he hates you. What do you think about homosexuality is an abomination of God's original intention, perverse, and deserving of his ultimate wrath? Thanks for starting this discussion.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss the Bible with everyone whether they be Christian or not. To start, what is everyone's take on Matthew 6:25-34? Probably my favorite verse!

God hates faggots so he hates you. What do you think about homosexuality is an abomination of God's original intention, perverse, and deserving of his ultimate wrath? Thanks for starting this discussion.

I think God loves everyone: John 3:16. Man created hate, not God.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:17 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Sooo, you're not well versed in the Bible...mkay.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:11 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:

Sooo, you're not well versed in the Bible...mkay.

Which part are you talking about?

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:32 am

Not sure what homosexuality has to do with those verses......

I agree that God provides all we need.....however, I feel it is in the skills he gives us that he provides this. It's not in getting free handouts because the Bible also discusses that those who want to eat need to work for that food.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:31 pm

BladeRunner wrote:Not sure what homosexuality has to do with those verses......

I agree that God provides all we need.....however, I feel it is in the skills he gives us that he provides this. It's not in getting free handouts because the Bible also discusses that those who want to eat need to work for that food.

What do you think God's definition of "work" is?

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:

One type of worker is the lazy worker….The fool won’t work and almost starves, but feels it’s better to be lazy and barely get by than work hard….Ecclesiastes 4:5

The other type of worker is a workaholic….Here’s a man who is always working, never satisfied with the wealth he has. For whom is he working so hard and denying himself any pleasure? This is useless…and a miserable way to live…Ecclesiastes 4:8
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:56 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

One type of worker is the lazy worker….The fool won’t work and almost starves, but feels it’s better to be lazy and barely get by than work hard….Ecclesiastes 4:5

The other type of worker is a workaholic….Here’s a man who is always working, never satisfied with the wealth he has. For whom is he working so hard and denying himself any pleasure? This is useless…and a miserable way to live…Ecclesiastes 4:8

Why would you make up God's words?

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

There is no reason to try and engage in an intelligent discussion with this POS. He stands for nothing but attacks everything. He is the lowest form of human existence there is.
Just so there is not confusion, the comments were directed towards asspucker.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

There is no reason to try and engage in an intelligent discussion with this POS. He stands for nothing but attacks everything. He is the lowest form of human existence there is.

Have you even read Matthew 6:25-34?

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:08 am

Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

None of your business.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:25 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

None of your business.

You're right, it's not my business. Just trying to help friend.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:38 am

Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

None of your business.

No, you are not trying to help, you are looking for a 'gotcha' moment where you can attempt to bash any poster. What's is wrong? Hasn't the proud sodomizer been by your house lately?
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:59 am

Ham Flower? wrote:

I'm pretty sure "work" is not sitting around waiting for others to provide for you. Sure, the Bible mentions that God takes care of the sparrow, but the sparrow looks for food. It doesn't just sit in its nest and waits for God to drop food in it's beak.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:31 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

I'm pretty sure "work" is not sitting around waiting for others to provide for you. Sure, the Bible mentions that God takes care of the sparrow, but the sparrow looks for food. It doesn't just sit in its nest and waits for God to drop food in it's beak.

Great point! An I agree for the most part. On the other hand, I don't think God wants us to spend 40 hours a week chasing money. If you do His will, you'll be taken care of.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:34 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

None of your business.

No, you are not trying to help, you are looking for a 'gotcha' moment where you can attempt to bash any poster.  What's is wrong?  Hasn't the proud sodomizer been by your house lately?

Why do you always bring up sodomy (especially in a Bible thread)?

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

None of your business.

No, you are not trying to help, you are looking for a 'gotcha' moment where you can attempt to bash any poster.  What's is wrong?  Hasn't the proud sodomizer been by your house lately?

Hmmmmmmmm, let me see.

given your history and the flaming liberal you are, and the fact that sodomy is an obamination in the Bible, and the fact that you tout your anal passage as a target, and the fact that Dr Mengela is a proclaimed sodomizer, and the fact that homosexual behavior is in the top three of my dispicable list, it fits right in. NO PUN INTENDED.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

Great point! An I agree for the most part. On the other hand, I don't think God wants us to spend 40 hours a week chasing money. If you do His will, you'll be taken care of.

I agree. It's the love of money that's the root of all evil. We shouldn't chase it. But we shouldn't be stupid about it either. The parable of the talents goes into being stupid and not investing. Should we be prepared for troubling times? Of course. The book of Proverbs brings that up many times.

And...when it says that He will take care of you, it doesn't mean He isn't taking care of you through the skills and abilities he blessed you with.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

Why not? After all he labored 6 days. The 40 hour/5 day work week is a modern convention. The six day work was common before the 20th century and 16 hours @ day wasn't unheard of.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:49 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

Why not? After all he labored 6 days. The 40 hour/5 day work week is a modern convention. The six day work was common before the 20th century and 16 hours @ day wasn't unheard of.

How much was he paid for his six days of labor?

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:22 am

Ham Flower? wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

How much was he paid for his six days of labor?

Nothing. He hadn't invented money yet as he was too busy dealing with the complexities of Daylight Savings Time Suspect
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:59 am

Such perfect scripture leading into that holiday known as Black Friday.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:04 am

EXACTLY!

And yet you stand in quiet acquiesensce as your social conservative buddy Darth spews this venom.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie's Ex Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:17 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Ham Flower? wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm, let me see.

given your history and the flaming liberal you are, and the fact that sodomy is an obamination in the Bible, and the fact that you tout your anal passage as a target, and the fact that Dr Mengela is a proclaimed sodomizer, and the fact that homosexual behavior is in the top three of my dispicable list, it fits right in.  NO PUN INTENDED.  

None of this makes any sense except, "... homosexual behavior is in the top three of my dispicable list ..."

Hatred and bigotry always seems rational to the one spewing it.
Shortie's Ex
Shortie's Ex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next