Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pretty slow around here

+9
Shortie's Ex
Caitlyn Piltover
Gomezz Adddams
Skeptical
Just Braying It
Clicker
nightlight88
Darth Cheney
Twinkies
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Pretty slow around here - Page 5 Empty Re: Pretty slow around here

Post  Shortie Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:23 pm

Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:Your words, not mine:

Shortie wrote: I'm interested in standing up for the things I believe in and learning some things in regard to fiscal issues, which I do not pretend to know everything about. I learned a lot of things over the years at the Kelo forums and then GVP.  

Why is this so difficult for you? You are being purposefully obtuse. The word "only" does not appear in that statement, nor does the sentiment that I haven't garnered any knowledge elsewhere in my life. You know that I can tell when you latch on to something silly like that in an effort to deflect so you don't have to acknowledge the rest of what I said, right? You're not fooling anyone.

It is very simple and quite clear that you lack the education and experience to comment on most of the topics that you comment on.  And while you have the right to say whatever you want, there is virtually no value in any of your comments.  You are not a credible person on almost every one of the issues discussed on this forum.

Credibility comes from a lot of areas, and the KELO and GPV forums are not two of them.  Areas that contribute to credibility include:

Education:  Do you have a college degree and if so, in what discipline is the degree granted?  A college education is not the end all, but it does provide a solid foundation upon which a person can grow their knowledge over the years.  However, if a person has a degree that is essentially worthless in the real world like "underwater basket weaving", then not only does it count as ZERO, but it is a huge minus as it shows your poor judgment coming out of high school.

Military service:  The military offers some very useful real world experience that contributes to the wisdom and judgment of those serving our country.  Some of the most commonsense logic comes from people who have served in the military.  In addition, many of them get a first hand look at what it REALLY takes to keep our country safe.

Meaningful job:  Yes there are many jobs that are needed in our country and a person should not be demeaned for having them.  However, these jobs such as bartender, waitress, landscape worker, check out person at a retail store, etc. are virtually meaningless when it comes to growing a person's knowledge in any of these areas often discussed on the forum.  However, if in addition to the jobs just mentioned, that person owned the business that is an entirely different matter.

Unless a person is responsible for the P&L of a business, it is difficult for them to experience the important perspectives that create true knowledge.  Some will argue that they might have budgetary responsibility for an area of a business, but it is not the same and offers a mere sliver of the learning opportunities that come from managing a P&L.

Have created jobs:  Unless a person has actually been in a position where they have CREATED jobs, they are clueless on what it takes to drive our economy and actually produce jobs for people.

Raised a family:  The basic unit of our society is the traditional family.  Unless a person has been a mother or father raising a family and had to actually be responsible for the well being and development of your children, you have little value to offer in the associated discussions.

Managed people:  This doesn't mean merely telling them what time people should come into work and what time they can go home or for that matter even directing them in activities such as you take checkout lane #3 or your tables are 6 - 12.  It means hiring, training, directing, providing feedback, writing performance reviews, being responsible for salaries and raises, disciplining and firing.

Provided meaningful charity:  Not everyone is going to be a Denny Sanford and have their names on half of the state of South Dakota.  However, unless a person has created endowments, provided scholarships, raised meaningful amounts of money, facilitated significant charitable events, etc. for a charitable organization, they have no business making comments that the federal government should raise taxes to provide welfare to people.  Unless you have done it in a meaningful way yourself, you have no credibility in this area.

And while there other important areas, I am going to stop there.  However, I am going to offer one additional data point for you and that is every conservative on this forum has met many of those requirements.  And that not only gives them the knowledge and experience to comment on these issues, but also the credibility needed to make their comments valuable to others.

And I am going to end by saying that it is painfully obvious that you (as do most progressive liberals) score a big fat ZERO across the board on these extremely important parameters.  YOU HAVE ZERO CREDIBILITY and as such you should keep your mouth closed and go about checking the boxes on the items above.  Once you do that, then come back and share with others.  While you may continue to think the same pathetic way you do now, I sincerely doubt it.  Only clueless twits can say the things that you do, twits that have none of the boxes checked above.

I have two degrees, actually. One of which is a teaching degree. But I'm done giving you my resume. As I have already said, you may believe whatever you want about me, but this is not a job interview. I do not have to prove my worth to you. As for all of these things I'm saying that make me a clueless twit, I have quite literally only stated my opinion in a thread dealing with civil rights, particularly not be discriminated against for your sexual orientation, and the thread about suspension procedures in Minnesota, which, as a woman with teaching experience, I, by your standards, am fully qualified to comment on. More so than others in the thread, I believe.

But these standards of yours don't hold up. If you have to meet a made up list of requirements to talk about certain subjects, then you better hold that standard across the board. For example, you can't comment on issues related to the LBTG community if you are not gay and have no gay friends or relatives. And you can't speak about abortion because you aren't a woman and lack the required vagina.

Now, we are done with this job interview. I have an education, and a great job, and a lovely home, a loving family, wonderful friends, hobbies, interests, and I pay all of my bills, and I have never been on welfare or food stamps or had any government assistance besides Stafford loans in college, which I pay back diligently and on time every month. No, I am not yet a mother, but it has been a long road since losing my fiancé unexpectedly several years ago. I like discussion forums. I think they are interesting. I have opinions and I share them. The end.
Shortie
Shortie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:

Shortie wrote: I'm interested in standing up for the things I believe in and learning some things in regard to fiscal issues, which I do not pretend to know everything about. I learned a lot of things over the years at the Kelo forums and then GVP.  

Why is this so difficult for you? You are being purposefully obtuse. The word "only" does not appear in that statement, nor does the sentiment that I haven't garnered any knowledge elsewhere in my life. You know that I can tell when you latch on to something silly like that in an effort to deflect so you don't have to acknowledge the rest of what I said, right? You're not fooling anyone.

It is very simple and quite clear that you lack the education and experience to comment on most of the topics that you comment on.  And while you have the right to say whatever you want, there is virtually no value in any of your comments.  You are not a credible person on almost every one of the issues discussed on this forum.

Credibility comes from a lot of areas, and the KELO and GPV forums are not two of them.  Areas that contribute to credibility include:

Education:  Do you have a college degree and if so, in what discipline is the degree granted?  A college education is not the end all, but it does provide a solid foundation upon which a person can grow their knowledge over the years.  However, if a person has a degree that is essentially worthless in the real world like "underwater basket weaving", then not only does it count as ZERO, but it is a huge minus as it shows your poor judgment coming out of high school.

Military service:  The military offers some very useful real world experience that contributes to the wisdom and judgment of those serving our country.  Some of the most commonsense logic comes from people who have served in the military.  In addition, many of them get a first hand look at what it REALLY takes to keep our country safe.

Meaningful job:  Yes there are many jobs that are needed in our country and a person should not be demeaned for having them.  However, these jobs such as bartender, waitress, landscape worker, check out person at a retail store, etc. are virtually meaningless when it comes to growing a person's knowledge in any of these areas often discussed on the forum.  However, if in addition to the jobs just mentioned, that person owned the business that is an entirely different matter.

Unless a person is responsible for the P&L of a business, it is difficult for them to experience the important perspectives that create true knowledge.  Some will argue that they might have budgetary responsibility for an area of a business, but it is not the same and offers a mere sliver of the learning opportunities that come from managing a P&L.

Have created jobs:  Unless a person has actually been in a position where they have CREATED jobs, they are clueless on what it takes to drive our economy and actually produce jobs for people.

Raised a family:  The basic unit of our society is the traditional family.  Unless a person has been a mother or father raising a family and had to actually be responsible for the well being and development of your children, you have little value to offer in the associated discussions.

Managed people:  This doesn't mean merely telling them what time people should come into work and what time they can go home or for that matter even directing them in activities such as you take checkout lane #3 or your tables are 6 - 12.  It means hiring, training, directing, providing feedback, writing performance reviews, being responsible for salaries and raises, disciplining and firing.

Provided meaningful charity:  Not everyone is going to be a Denny Sanford and have their names on half of the state of South Dakota.  However, unless a person has created endowments, provided scholarships, raised meaningful amounts of money, facilitated significant charitable events, etc. for a charitable organization, they have no business making comments that the federal government should raise taxes to provide welfare to people.  Unless you have done it in a meaningful way yourself, you have no credibility in this area.

And while there other important areas, I am going to stop there.  However, I am going to offer one additional data point for you and that is every conservative on this forum has met many of those requirements.  And that not only gives them the knowledge and experience to comment on these issues, but also the credibility needed to make their comments valuable to others.

And I am going to end by saying that it is painfully obvious that you (as do most progressive liberals) score a big fat ZERO across the board on these extremely important parameters.  YOU HAVE ZERO CREDIBILITY and as such you should keep your mouth closed and go about checking the boxes on the items above.  Once you do that, then come back and share with others.  While you may continue to think the same pathetic way you do now, I sincerely doubt it.  Only clueless twits can say the things that you do, twits that have none of the boxes checked above.

I have two degrees, actually. One of which is a teaching degree. But I'm done giving you my resume. As I have already said, you may believe whatever you want about me, but this is not a job interview. I do not have to prove my worth to you. As for all of these things I'm saying that make me a clueless twit, I have quite literally only stated my opinion in a thread dealing with civil rights, particularly not be discriminated against for your sexual orientation, and the thread about suspension procedures in Minnesota, which, as a woman with teaching experience, I, by your standards, am fully qualified to comment on. More so than others in the thread, I believe.

But these standards of yours don't hold up. If you have to meet a made up list of requirements to talk about certain subjects, then you better hold that standard across the board. For example, you can't comment on issues related to the LBTG community if you are not gay and have no gay friends or relatives. And you can't speak about abortion because you aren't a woman and lack the required vagina.

Now, we are done with this job interview. I have an education, and a great job, and a lovely home, a loving family, wonderful friends, hobbies, interests, and I pay all of my bills, and I have never been on welfare or food stamps or had any government assistance besides Stafford loans in college, which I pay back diligently and on time every month. No, I am not yet a mother, but it has been a long road since losing my fiancé several years ago. I like discussion forums. I think they are interesting. I have opinions and I share them. The end.

And then you go and prove my point several times.  I will point out one and that is abortion.  

Your only thought on this critical issue is of a woman's vagina since you evidently have one.  But abortion is not about a woman's vagina, it is about the life of the pre-born baby.  That little guy has just as much of a right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness as anyone else.  

And since that little guy is not capable of yet taking care of himself, it is the responsibility of a civil society to do that.  And you just proved that if your only experience in this area is that you have a vagina and all you are worried about is your vagina, then you are going to make the wrong decision every time.

Thanks for presenting the best evidence possible on this issue, self-incrimination.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:01 pm

Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:

Now, we are done with this job interview. I have an education, and a great job, and a lovely home, a loving family, wonderful friends, hobbies, interests, and I pay all of my bills, and I have never been on welfare or food stamps or had any government assistance besides Stafford loans in college, which I pay back diligently and on time every month. No, I am not yet a mother, but it has been a long road since losing my fiancé several years ago. I like discussion forums. I think they are interesting. I have opinions and I share them. The end.

And then you go and prove my point several times.  I will point out one and that is abortion.  

Your only thought on this critical issue is of a woman's vagina since you evidently have one.  But abortion is not about a woman's vagina, it is about the life of the pre-born baby.  That little guy has just as much of a right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness as anyone else.  

And since that little guy is not capable of yet taking care of himself, it is the responsibility of a civil society to do that.  And you just proved that if your only experience in this area is that you have a vagina and all you are worried about is your vagina, then you are going to make the wrong decision every time.

Thanks for presenting the best evidence possible on this issue, self-incrimination.  

Oh honey, that is far from my only thought on the very complicated matter of abortion. It was a passing reference, not a full compilation of my feelings on the matter. There you go with that poor reading comprehension and predisposition to make grand assumptions again.
Shortie
Shortie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:

Oh honey, that is far from my only thought on the very complicated matter of abortion. It was a passing reference, not a full compilation of my feelings on the matter. There you go with that poor reading comprehension and predisposition to make grand assumptions again.

I know the standard progressive liberal drill when they are pinned in a corner:  "You were against it before you were for it".  And trust me when I say that I have no interest in your full compilation of anything.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:18 am

Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:

Now, we are done with this job interview. I have an education, and a great job, and a lovely home, a loving family, wonderful friends, hobbies, interests, and I pay all of my bills, and I have never been on welfare or food stamps or had any government assistance besides Stafford loans in college, which I pay back diligently and on time every month. No, I am not yet a mother, but it has been a long road since losing my fiancé  unexpectedly several years ago. I like discussion forums. I think they are interesting. I have opinions and I share them. The end.

On the last forum you stated you never finished your teaching degree and now you have two. As I recall you were a non-degree theater instructor at a small west river school. I normally wouldn't drag this to the table but abhor people who over inflate their actual accomplishments.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:09 am

Darth Cheney wrote: On the last forum you stated you never finished your teaching degree and now you have two. As I recall you were a non-degree theater instructor at a small west river school. I normally wouldn't drag this to the table but abhor people who over inflate their actual accomplishments.

I doubt if she has a clue on what she said on the POS liberal forum let alone what we might remember her saying.  Unfortunately for her, I remember quite a few of the statements she directed my way.

At times you get the feeling that she might just be very naïve and perhaps capable of one day saying, "OK how do I fix what I am doing wrong?".  But then she turns right into the dutiful useful idiot and takes the progressive socialist playbook out and goes right down the list.  

Oh well, if they haven't learned by the time they reach 30 they are probably not smart enough to ever learn.  That is where all those areas of experience come in.  The more of them a person can learn from, the more likely they will learn firsthand the evils of progressive socialism.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:

Now, we are done with this job interview. I have an education, and a great job, and a lovely home, a loving family, wonderful friends, hobbies, interests, and I pay all of my bills, and I have never been on welfare or food stamps or had any government assistance besides Stafford loans in college, which I pay back diligently and on time every month. No, I am not yet a mother, but it has been a long road since losing my fiancé  unexpectedly several years ago. I like discussion forums. I think they are interesting. I have opinions and I share them. The end.

On the last forum you stated you never finished your teaching degree and now you have two. As I recall you were a non-degree theater instructor at a small west river school. I normally wouldn't drag this to the table but abhor people who over inflate their actual accomplishments.

That was multiple years ago and I had that job while I finished my schooling. Wink
Shortie
Shortie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Shortie wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:
Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:

That was multiple years ago and I had that job while I finished my schooling. Wink

You bet sweetie...
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5