Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations, you're an Idiot

+4
nightlight88
Jammer
Darth Cheney
BladeRunner
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Congratulations,  you're an Idiot Empty Congratulations, you're an Idiot

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:42 am

I guess you were an idiot would be more accurate, but by God she was exercising her Second Amendment right.  I'm sure this is the type of stupidity they had in mind when they gave us the right to protect ourselves.  Who is going to protect us from ourselves?  At least I won't have to worry about her anymore.  One down, thousands more to go.

Mom killed when son grabs her gun in Walmart
http://www.cnn.com//2014/12/30/us/idaho-walmart-shooting-accident-mother-toddler/index.html

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Congratulations,  you're an Idiot Empty Re: Congratulations, you're an Idiot

Post  BladeRunner Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:19 am

Dr. Jones wrote:I guess you were an idiot would be more accurate, but by God she was exercising her Second Amendment right.  I'm sure this is the type of stupidity they had in mind when they gave us the right to protect ourselves.  Who is going to protect us from ourselves?  At least I won't have to worry about her anymore.  One down, thousands more to go.

http://www.cnn.com//2014/12/30/us/idaho-walmart-shooting-accident-mother-toddler/index.html

I have a question.

What are your thoughts on "Right to Die"?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:01 am

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I guess you were an idiot would be more accurate, but by God she was exercising her Second Amendment right.  I'm sure this is the type of stupidity they had in mind when they gave us the right to protect ourselves.  Who is going to protect us from ourselves?  At least I won't have to worry about her anymore.  One down, thousands more to go.

I have a question.

You amuse me. Thx.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:27 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I have a question.

You amuse me.  Thx.

And your refusal to answer a simple question amuses me. Thx.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:09 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I have a question.

You amuse me.  Thx.

I apologize for not feeling compelled to reply to such foolishness. What would possess you to compare a person's right to choose suicide to a deadly mishandling of a firearm?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I have a question.

You amuse me.  Thx.

I'll come right out and say the entire story is bullshit and I ain't buying it. First, almost every every semi-automatic pistol comes with multiple safety devices. Most have a handle grip that must be depressed before the weapon can fire and a two year old couldn't wrap his hand around the grip to depress the grip safety and get his finger to the trigger. Many guns have an additional manual safety and if she carried it without it in safe mode well Darwin's theory wins. If the gun was a revolver they take considerable trigger pull (~ 10 lbs) minimum to pull a double action revolver and a two year old would not be capable of pulling it. This entire story stinks to high heaven and I would love to know if the baby's daddy happened to be present and how many witnesses actually saw this happen. What woman watched her two year old fumble in her purse knowing there is a loaded gun inside? This sounds like something a gun grabbing liberal would devise to push their agenda...see Sandy Hook.

I apologize for not feeling compelled to reply to such foolishness.  What would possess you to compare a person's right to choose suicide to a deadly mishandling of a firearm?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:48 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I have a question.

You amuse me.  Thx.

I'll come right out and say the entire story is bullshit and I ain't buying it. First, almost every every semi-automatic pistol comes with multiple safety devices. Most have a handle grip that must be depressed before the weapon can fire and a two year old couldn't wrap his hand around the grip to depress the grip safety and get his finger to the trigger. Many guns have an additional manual safety and if she carried it without it in safe mode well Darwin's theory wins. If the gun was a revolver they take considerable trigger pull (~ 10 lbs) minimum to pull a double action revolver and a two year old would not be capable of pulling it.  This entire story stinks to high heaven and I would love to know if the baby's daddy happened to be present and how many witnesses actually saw this happen.  What woman watched her two year old fumble in her purse knowing there is a loaded gun inside? This sounds like something a gun grabbing liberal would devise to push their agenda...see Sandy Hook.

I apologize for not feeling compelled to reply to such foolishness.  What would possess you to compare a person's right to choose suicide to a deadly mishandling of a firearm?

Congratulations,  you're an Idiot 1106906410

I am sure the incident is well documented, especially considering all the cameras there are in the electronics dept. at my local Wal-Mart.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:52 am

Relative of mom shot by son at Walmart speaks
http://www.cnn.com//2014/12/31/us/idaho-walmart-shooting-accident-mother-toddler/index.html

Gun "expert" says it was a "perfect storm".  What about leaving a loaded gun within reach of a 2yo constitutes a "perfect storm"?  Her FIL says he doesn't put any negligence on her for her part in this tragedy.  If gun enthusiasts consider this to be anything but negligent, things have gotten much worse than I thought.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:59 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I have a question.

You amuse me.  Thx.

Well, you obviously don't see your own hypocrisy, but that does not surprise me in the least. You're the one that asked the question "Who is going to protect us from ourselves?" Yet something tells me you're a Right-To-Die supporter.

Besides all of this you state: "they gave us the right to protect ourselves".

"They" did not give us this right. This right is endowed by our creator.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:22 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I have a question.

You amuse me.  Thx.

Well, you obviously don't see your own hypocrisy, but that does not surprise me in the least. You're the one that asked the question "Who is going to protect us from ourselves?" Yet something tells me you're a Right-To-Die supporter.

Where is the hypocrisy? scratch I am still not understanding the comparison between the two. Maybe you could expound on that a little for me.

You give me an interesting thought though. Why does someone with such a firm belief in God have such an overwhelming desire to be allowed to carry a gun? Isn't your life in God's hands?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I have a question.

You amuse me.  Thx.

Where is the hypocrisy? scratch I am still not understanding the comparison between the two.  Maybe you could expound on that a little for me.

You give me an interesting thought though.  Why does someone with such a firm belief in God have such an overwhelming desire to be allowed to carry a gun?  Isn't your life in God's hands?

It's your continued use of words that is revealing your hypocrisy. You want people to have the right to kill themselves, but don't want people to have the right to protect themselves.

And, why shouldn't someone with such a firm belief in God be ALLOWED to carry a gun? What does having your life in God's hands have anything to do with being ALLOWED to carry a gun?

It's a free CHOICE given to them by their creator (not the government).

Is the concept of free will that foreign to you?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:59 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I have a question.

You amuse me.  Thx.

Where is the hypocrisy? scratch I am still not understanding the comparison between the two.  Maybe you could expound on that a little for me.

You give me an interesting thought though.  Why does someone with such a firm belief in God have such an overwhelming desire to be allowed to carry a gun?  Isn't your life in God's hands?

Simple:

God created man

Samuel Colt made man equal.

Class dismissed
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:59 am

Darth Cheney wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

I have a question.

You amuse me.  Thx.

Simple:

God created man

Samuel Colt made man equal.

Class dismissed

Crediting Samuel Colt along side God for his role in creation? You're not familiar with the second commandment?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:20 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Relative of mom shot by son at Walmart speaks
http://www.cnn.com//2014/12/31/us/idaho-walmart-shooting-accident-mother-toddler/index.html

Gun "expert" says it was a "perfect storm".  What about leaving a loaded gun within reach of a 2yo constitutes a "perfect storm"?  Her FIL says he doesn't put any negligence on her for her part in this tragedy.  If gun enthusiasts consider this to be anything but negligent, things have gotten much worse than I thought.

The "perfect storm" theory seems most likely. I would have never guessed that a kid that age could fire that weapon but it's obviously not impossible.

For that reason I don't blame her too much for leaving her gun within reach of her 2 year old but I do have a big problem with her leaving her purse and gun unattended for even a short time in a busy store. Purse snatching is common and it's like handing your purse and gun over to any criminal who wants it.

Rights come with responsibilities. Carry your gun but keep it within your control at all times.

But at any rate this was a tragic accident, pray for the family. Use their loss as a lesson for us all, not for cheap political fodder.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:22 pm

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Relative of mom shot by son at Walmart speaks

The "perfect storm" theory seems most likely. I would have never guessed that a kid that age could fire that weapon but it's obviously not impossible.

For that reason I don't blame her too much for leaving her gun within reach of her 2 year old but I do have a big problem with her leaving her purse and gun unattended for even a short time in a busy store. Purse snatching is common and it's like handing your purse and gun over to any criminal who wants it.

Rights come with responsibilities. Carry your gun but keep it within your control at all times.

But at any rate this was a tragic accident, pray for the family. Use their loss as a lesson for us all, not for cheap political fodder.

I have five children, the oldest being 8 years old, including one that will be 2 at the end of the month.  I am well aware of the capabilities of a two year old and could see them doing this in a heartbeat, they are far more capable than they are given credit for.

This is not political fodder for me.This is about my life, and the lives of my children.  This is about those who fight so hard to ensure people have the right to so foolishly endanger the lives of others.  I should have more respect for the deceased, but what respect has she shown for me and the lives of my family?  I should definitely have more respect for the motherless child, but it could just as easily be my children who end up motherless when people express this type of stupidity.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:45 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I have five children, the oldest being 8 years old, including one that will be 2 at the end of the month.  I am well aware of the capabilities of a two year old and could see them doing this in a heartbeat, they are far more capable than they are given credit for.

This is not political fodder for me.This is about my life, and the lives of my children.  This is about those who fight so hard to ensure people have the right to so foolishly endanger the lives of others.  I should have more respect for the deceased, but what respect has she shown me and the lives of my family?  I should definitely have more respect for the motherless child, but it could just as easily be my children who end up motherless when people express this type of stupidity.

You're right, never underestimate the power of a two year old.

I never kept guns in the house when I had children. I gave up hunting before they came along and I've never felt the need to keep one for protection. Now with grandchildren I keep them securely locked up (the guns, not the children) at all times. For me, it's not worth the risk. I doubt my two year old granddaughter could fire one but when my grandson was two, he constantly amazed me with what he was capable of doing.

One important detail, this woman had several children so the two year old was not the only concern. That's why it's so important to keep your weapons secured at all times.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I have five children, the oldest being 8 years old, including one that will be 2 at the end of the month.  I am well aware of the capabilities of a two year old and could see them doing this in a heartbeat, they are far more capable than they are given credit for.

This is not political fodder for me.This is about my life, and the lives of my children.  This is about those who fight so hard to ensure people have the right to so foolishly endanger the lives of others.  I should have more respect for the deceased, but what respect has she shown me and the lives of my family?  I should definitely have more respect for the motherless child, but it could just as easily be my children who end up motherless when people express this type of stupidity.

You're right, never underestimate the power of a two year old.

I never kept guns in the house when I had children. I gave up hunting before they came along and I've never felt the need to keep one for protection. Now with grandchildren I keep them securely locked up (the guns, not the children) at all times. For me, it's not worth the risk. I doubt my two year old granddaughter could fire one but when my grandson was two, he constantly amazed me with what he was capable of doing.

Here is where I keep my guns. Haven't had any accidents yet.

Congratulations,  you're an Idiot 20150113

Sorry it's sideways, but you'll get the point.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:02 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:I am sure the incident is well documented, especially considering all the cameras there are in the electronics dept. at my local Wal-Mart.

Not to mention that it was the store manager that took the gun out of the child's hands right after he fired it but darth never lets facts get in the way of a perfectly good conspiracy theory. I'm kind of surprised that he didn't blame it on "thugs" or da gayz.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:05 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Here is where I keep my guns. Haven't had any accidents yet.

My grandson could crack that in less than a minute.

(yes, I'm kidding, it would take him at least 5 minutes. Wink  )

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Here is where I keep my guns. Haven't had any accidents yet.

My grandson could crack that in less than a minute.

(yes, I'm kidding, it would take him at least 5 minutes. Wink  )

If it had a tablet instead of a keypad....very likely. That's why I go old school. Laughing

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I am sure the incident is well documented, especially considering all the cameras there are in the electronics dept. at my local Wal-Mart.

Not to mention that it was the store manager that took the gun out of the child's hands right after he fired it but darth never lets facts get in the way of a perfectly good conspiracy theory. I'm kind of surprised that he didn't blame it on "thugs" or da gayz.

I've forgotten more about guns then you will never know but won't be dragged down to your level to debate this. If all the libs are going to get into a "gun safety" moment over this single event then what about the thousands that die in cars every year or power tool accidents, or electrocution accidents, etc. If this occurred as reported, it is a one in a billion event which none of us will ever see in our lifetimes again and can be shoved into the freak category. I do find the outcry perplexing though as 1 million unborn children are deliberately murdered in the womb every year in this country yet there is no debate or outcry. It is almost as if it doesn't fit the liberal agenda it doesn't get reported about...
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:17 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:
Paquette wrote:

I've forgotten more about guns then you will never know but won't be dragged down to your level to debate this.  If all the libs are going to get into a "gun safety" moment over this single event then what about the thousands that die in cars every year or power tool accidents, or electrocution accidents, etc. All of your examples are crucial components to making our little world go around, and some are in fact very heavily regulated.  Firearms are merely a novelty item to 90% of those of us who possess them.  If this occurred as reported, it is a one in a billion event which none of us will ever see in our lifetimes again and can be shoved into the freak category.  A death resulting from a severe mishandling of a gun a once in a lifetime event?  Maybe if you're standing on the business end.... I'd recheck your facts if I were you.  I do find the outcry perplexing though as 1 million unborn children are deliberately murdered in the womb every year in this country yet there is no debate or outcry.  No debate?  Where have you been?  There is a huge debate over when life begins, and at what point an abortion could be considered murder.  It is almost as if it doesn't fit the liberal agenda it doesn't get reported about... What's not getting reported?

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:28 pm

A death resulting from a severe mishandling of a gun a once in a lifetime event?

A person is only killed once in his/her lifetime (lifetime is ended when killed) by a gun being mishandled whether the mishandling is done by the person killed or by someone else.

Any cases of a person being killed more than once in his/her lifetime?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Skeptical wrote:
A death resulting from a severe mishandling of a gun a once in a lifetime event?

A person is only killed once in his/her lifetime (lifetime is ended when killed) by a gun being mishandled whether the mishandling is done by the person killed or by someone else.

Awesome post. Way to give it your 110%

Congratulations,  you're an Idiot 1250919165

Why don't you try reading the very next line, after the one you quoted.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Awesome post.  Way to give it your 110%

Congratulations,  you're an Idiot 1250919165

Why don't you try reading the very next line, after the one you quoted.

Not required, desired result achieved.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next