Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Was Gun/Ammo Shopping or Know "Someone"

5 posters

Go down

Who Was Gun/Ammo Shopping or Know "Someone" Empty Who Was Gun/Ammo Shopping or Know "Someone"

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:38 am

I have been reading about how guns and ammo have been flying off the shelves since the CT shooting incident. Anyone here know someone who was shopping. Sadly, ever since the boating accident where every gun I owned and every bullet I owned sank in the boating accident, I feel guns and ammo are icky!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Who Was Gun/Ammo Shopping or Know "Someone" Empty Re: Who Was Gun/Ammo Shopping or Know "Someone"

Post  barkingspider Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:20 am

Hi, guys! I was out on errands yesterday and decided to check out Gary's Gun Shop. Steve, the owner, put it very well when he said that Obama had been good to him so far but he was a little concerned about what is coming next. His inventory is way down, especially with the "controversial stuff".
barkingspider
barkingspider

Back to top Go down

Who Was Gun/Ammo Shopping or Know "Someone" Empty Re: Who Was Gun/Ammo Shopping or Know "Someone"

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:32 am

Looked at the Cheaperthandirt.com site and they state there is a minimum 7 days shipping delay. Their Lake City 5.56 bulk ammo has gone from $400 to $999 in 2 weeks. That is inflation!!!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:33 am

barkingspider wrote:Hi, guys! I was out on errands yesterday and decided to check out Gary's Gun Shop. Steve, the owner, put it very well when he said that Obama had been good to him so far but he was a little concerned about what is coming next. His inventory is way down, especially with the "controversial stuff".

Great to hear from you Spider...long time no see. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:30 am

Darth Cheney wrote:

Great to hear from you Spider...long time no see. Hope all is well with you and yours.

I agree! Good to hear from you Spider.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://justsayingit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:17 am

Darth Cheney wrote:I have been reading about how guns and ammo have been flying off the shelves since the CT shooting incident. Anyone here know someone who was shopping. Sadly, ever since the boating accident where every gun I owned and every bullet I owned sank in the boating accident, I feel guns and ammo are icky!

I am considering getting myself setup to reload my own. Got my eye on this one: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121744/product?cm_mmc=M_Spop-Email-_-Reloading-_-Reloading_121320124_1-_-Product3_Description&cm_mmca1=ralph2150@gmail.com&cm_mmca2=CustNum=100274760

I'd appreciate any input you guys have. It will be my first loader. I know there are better ones out there, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for one and figured this would do the trick.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:49 pm

I haven't got in to reloading but know enough to tell you to talk with someone knowledgeable first before you buy anything. I think the future ability to get various dies etc. will require purchasing a well known brand name. I have looked a little into them and was always amazed at the prices for powder, bullets, brass, etc. Seemed cheaper to buy loaded ammo...until now.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Some of the black scary rifles I lost in the boating accident have more then doubled in price. The ammo that went over the side was about 25% the cost for what it is currently selling. Almost feel like renting a dry suit and start diving.

I do find it somewhat distasteful how prices have escalated but I guess that is supply and demand in action. I wonder if the actual manufacturers have adjusted their prices or this is only on the retail side. Silent Bob would probably know....
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Darth Cheney wrote:Some of the black scary rifles I lost in the boating accident have more then doubled in price. The ammo that went over the side was about 25% the cost for what it is currently selling. Almost feel like renting a dry suit and start diving.

I do find it somewhat distasteful how prices have escalated but I guess that is supply and demand in action. I wonder if the actual manufacturers have adjusted their prices or this is only on the retail side. Silent Bob would probably know....

I am familiar with Silent Bob, but was not aware of his knowledge in this area.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Silent Bob owns/operates a gun store somewhere in SD.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 am

Darth Cheney wrote:Silent Bob owns/operates a gun store somewhere in SD.

I would do business with him. Maybe I already have. LOL
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:24 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Darth Cheney wrote:Silent Bob owns/operates a gun store somewhere in SD.

I would do business with him. Maybe I already have. LOL

He has told me he is not near the SF area...I am thinking west river but that's a guess.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down