Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sold out by the House

5 posters

Go down

Sold out by the House Empty Sold out by the House

Post  Skeptical Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Did Boehner and crew just give the stamp of approval to Obama's illegal action on illegal immigrants?

The House cleared legislation Tuesday that will keep the agency operating through the end of September after a standoff last week threatened to shutter the agency and furlough thousands of workers. The 257-167 vote sends the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.

Republican House Speaker John Boehner, who rarely casts votes, backed the bill, along with his top lieutenants. A majority of House Republicans opposed the bill. Just 75 GOP lawmakers joined with 182 Democrats to push it across the finish line.

The legislation does nothing to rein in Obama's immigration executive orders -- a top priority of conservatives. That issue was a sticking point for weeks as Republicans tried to tie DHS funding to the repeal of the orders but the party couldn't overcome Democratic filibusters in the Senate
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Sold out by the House Empty Re: Sold out by the House

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Thus proving that "unconstitutional" executive order is actually just fine.

Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Did Boehner and crew just give the stamp of approval to Obama's illegal action on illegal immigrants?

The House cleared legislation Tuesday that will keep the agency operating through the end of September after a standoff last week threatened to shutter the agency and furlough thousands of workers. The 257-167 vote sends the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.

Republican House Speaker John Boehner, who rarely casts votes, backed the bill, along with his top lieutenants. A majority of House Republicans opposed the bill. Just 75 GOP lawmakers joined with 182 Democrats to push it across the finish line.

The legislation does nothing to rein in Obama's immigration executive orders -- a top priority of conservatives. That issue was a sticking point for weeks as Republicans tried to tie DHS funding to the repeal of the orders but the party couldn't overcome Democratic filibusters in the Senate

Tha's ol' Half-A-Loaf Boehner for you. Spineless jackwagon.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:48 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:Thus proving that "unconstitutional" executive order is actually just fine.

So one branch of the government running a muck and out of control and not being held accountable to the other branches or the American people is just fine......
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:50 am

BladeRunner wrote:
So one branch of the government running a muck and out of control and not being held accountable to the other branches or the American people is just fine......
Please provide evidence that this executive order is unconstitutional, using the Constitution.

Not your version of it, but the actual Constitution. I'll wait.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Please provide evidence that this executive order is unconstitutional, using the Constitution.

Be glad to be of assistance. Obama is claiming prosecutorial discretion in not enforcing existing immigration law. Essentially he is claiming that he does not have the resources to do so. However past remarks of Obama's belay his intent which is implementation of his favored immigration policy that Congress has not enacted or agreed to pay for under it's Constitutional plenary power of taxation. Since Obama is skirting the intent of a constitutionally enacted law governing immigration to achieve his ends, he is acting faithlessly in violation of The Take Care Clause (Article 2, Section 3) "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed". study
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Be glad to be of assistance. Obama is claiming prosecutorial discretion in not enforcing existing immigration law. Essentially he is claiming that he does not have the resources to do so. However past remarks of Obama's belay his intent which is implementation of his favored immigration policy that Congress has not enacted or agreed to pay for under it's Constitutional plenary power of taxation. Since Obama is skirting the intent of a constitutionally enacted law governing immigration to achieve his ends, he is acting faithlessly in violation of The Take Care Clause (Article 2, Section 3) "he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed". study
Which law is he not following, that is claimed to be the so-called immigration law.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:13 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Which law is he not following, that is claimed to be the so-called immigration law.

Did you overdose on your stupidity medication this morning? I will wait for your answer.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:29 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Sold out by the House Giphy

Sold out by the House 2875671632
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:06 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

I thought the challenge was to use the Constitution to point out how Obama was violating it. That I did.

But now you move the goalposts and demand even more. Sheesh!

I'm sure there's more than one law Obama is violating with his executive orders but for starters there is the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and the Administrative Procedure Act of 1946.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:33 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Did you overdose on your stupidity medication this morning?  I will wait for your answer.
No. Smile
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
I thought the challenge was to use the Constitution to point out how Obama was violating it. That I did.
Yes you did, well done, here is the thing I don't see how his executive order is violating the Constitution portion that you provided. I cannot find anything that resembles what you are saying though. The closest I can come is this:

http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/14_1120_memo_deferred_action.pdf

Which says nothing of amnesty, so I'm going to go ahead and say you simply did not read much further than some headlines.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down