Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religious Freedom Restoration Act

+6
nightlight88
Alleycat
Shortie
Jammer
Caitlyn Piltover
Gomezz Adddams
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Religious Freedom Restoration Act  - Page 2 Empty Liberal outrage soon to follow

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:49 pm

Come on libs...let's hold everyone to the same standards!

Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Religious Freedom Restoration Act  - Page 2 Empty Re: Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:54 am

Skeptical wrote:
Well, I'll be darned .. there it is, plain as day, Item (C) !!!  How could everyone but us two in the whole dang country not see this law allows for such discrimination???

Sec. 7.  As used in this chapter, "person" includes the following:
(1) An individual.
(2) An organization, a religious society, a church, a body of
communicants, or a group organized and operated primarily
for religious purposes.
(3) A partnership, a limited liability company, a corporation,
a company, a firm, a society, a joint-stock company, an
unincorporated association, or another entity that:
(A) may sue and be sued; and
(B) exercises practices that are compelled or limited by a
(C) allows a person to be discriminated against for housing, employment, utilities etc  if they are not part of a federally mandated protected class.
(i) an individual; or
(ii) the individuals;
who have control and substantial ownership of the entity,
regardless of whether the entity is organized and operated for
profit or nonprofit purposes.
Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a governmental
entity may not substantially burden a person's exercise of religion,
SEA 101

While I understand your attempt at semantics, this seems to reinforce the idea that English isn't your first language. If you don't realize that section 7 (3) is referring to companies which qualifies housing (rental) as a company, same for utilities and employment then I really don't know how to make it more clear for you.

Thankfully the backlash over this bill has resulted in anti-discrimination amendment specifically covering LGBT people as Indiana was set to lose a lot of money from tourism.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Religious Freedom Restoration Act  - Page 2 Empty Re: Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Post  Jammer Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:06 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Well, I'll be darned .. there it is, plain as day, Item (C) !!!  How could everyone but us two in the whole dang country not see this law allows for such discrimination???

(1) An individual.
for religious purposes.
(C) allows a person to be discriminated against for housing, employment, utilities etc  if they are not part of a federally mandated protected class.
(i) an individual; or
(ii) the individuals;
SEA 101

While I understand your attempt at semantics, this seems to reinforce the idea that English isn't your first language. If you don't realize that section 7 (3) is referring to companies which qualifies housing (rental) as a company, same for utilities and employment then I really don't know how to make it more clear for you.

Thankfully the backlash over this bill has resulted in anti-discrimination amendment specifically covering LGBT people as Indiana was set to lose a lot of money from tourism.

And just what are these HUGE tourism draws to the state of Indiana. Since I will be driving thru the state this summer, I certainly don't want to miss any of them. I suspect your list will be quite short, just like your IQ.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:27 am

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

(1) An individual.
for religious purposes.
(i) an individual; or
(ii) the individuals;
SEA 101

And the amendment did little to assuage the foaming at the mouth exhibited by companies like Angie's List and the NCAA that rejected the "fix" and continue using their economic power through the threat of boycott of Indiana to bully the little folks, the florists, photographers and bakers who are just trying to live their own lives and practice their faith.

The original RFRA was never about discrimination making this amendment totally unneeded. And, predictably, it did little to sooth the fever swamp of mobocracy and the Ya Gays! crowd. God help us all when the specter of a bunch of dumb fcuking jock strapped ignoramuses at the NCAA becomes a major influence in determining public policy.

Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:50 am

Jammer wrote:
And just what are these HUGE tourism draws to the state of Indiana.  Since I will be driving thru the state this summer, I certainly don't want to miss any of them.  I suspect your list will be quite short, just like your IQ.
Sure I can make a list for you, NCAA Finals, GenCon, Indianapolis 500, Jamfest, American Medical Writers Conference, Indy Film Fest(Similar to Sundance), CircleCityCon. There are quite a few more if you want to follow a link, there is a reason Indianapolis is called "Circle City".

http://indyhub.org/calendar/action~posterboard/page_offset~1/time_limit~1433512801/request_format~html/
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Post  Caitlyn Piltover Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
And the amendment did little to assuage the foaming at the mouth exhibited by companies like Angie's List and the NCAA that rejected the "fix" and continue using their economic power through the threat of boycott of Indiana to bully the little folks, the florists, photographers and bakers who are just trying to live their own lives and practice their faith.

The original RFRA was never about discrimination making this amendment totally unneeded. And, predictably, it did little to sooth the fever swamp of mobocracy and the Ya Gays! crowd. God help us all when the specter of a bunch of dumb fcuking jock strapped ignoramuses at the NCAA becomes a major influence in determining public policy.
It shouldn't have needed to be written this law should never have passed. That is something people do not understand.

I don't personally like that schools are still able to discriminate, but do not have problem with churches and religious non-profits doing so as long it isn't medical related. Which is a concern as a lot of hospitals are religious affiliated and listed as non-profit.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Back to top Go down

Religious Freedom Restoration Act  - Page 2 Empty Qweers Intolerent of Others...

Post  Darth Cheney Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:34 am

I thought they just wanted everyone to get along and accept each other as they chose to live their lives...

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/24/of-course-facebook-page-launches-calling-for-boycott-of-gay-businessmen-who-hosted-reception-for-ted-cruz/
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2