Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the sinless life thread

+7
Just Braying It
nightlight88
RedWhiteBlue
pse1124
Darth Cheney
Freedom Forever
BladeRunner
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

the sinless life thread Empty the sinless life thread

Post  BladeRunner Thu May 09, 2013 8:29 am

I figured I'd post it here.....

the sinless life thread 2875671632

"Basketball center Jason Collins became the first professional American
athlete to come out as gay while still active in a team sport. As soon
as the news broke, the religious debates started. Christians expressed
their disapproval; Christians came to his defense; people accused one
another of being bigots or sinners. It happens every time, and as a
Christian, I find it incredibly frustrating. Shortly after the news
broke, for instance, ESPN anchor Chris Broussard came under fire for the
following comments:

http://gcnjustin.tumblr.com/post/49276838693/four-ways-christians-are-getting-the-gay-debate-wrong

"Enter Jason Collins, who indeed talked in his SI article about not just
his sexuality and his race but also his faith. "I take the teachings of
Jesus seriously," he said, "particularly the ones that touch on
tolerance and understanding." Why have people ignored his faith? It may
be because his face doesn't look like the public face of American
evangelicalism. But it's also because a lot of American evangelicals
wouldn't think he was a real Christian—or at least not Christian
enough—even if he were white."

http://www.christiancentury.org/blogs/archive/2013-05/are-people-ignoring-jason-collins-faith-just-because-hes-black

So does a person have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian"?

No, a person does not have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian".

However, there are some sins listed in the Bible for which the Lord says "these will not inherit the kingdom of God".

Anyone want to take a stab at what some of these "sins" are?......

Thanks for reading my post.....

Remember, that guy at GPLF could be wrong.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

the sinless life thread Empty Re: the sinless life thread

Post  Freedom Forever Thu May 09, 2013 8:56 am

I feel Christ died for all sin. I believe the Bible points out specific sin (s) (ex; Homosexuality) because of the danger it exposes us to. We should error on the side of Grace. We should try to win over the sinner not judge them. However that does not mean we sugar coat, accept, or change what sin is, just because that sin is now P.C. If you are gay and want to know more about your eternal life, check out good church. And stop blaming your condition on everyone else. There are good and bad churches out there. Not hard to find a good one. Or you can have your ears tickled by the JT types.

The shame that homosexuals are feeling is not my fault. Tolerance, changing or reinterpret the word of God will not ease the shame. Blame Christians if you want, but that shame you feel is internal. It may just be time to deal with your own eternity. Where will you be in 500 years? or 50.
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu May 09, 2013 9:13 am

Only one has been sinless and his name was Jesus Christ. He died for our sins so we could also live an eternal perfect life in heaven. We are all sinners but must acknowledge them and beg our Lord for forgiveness. Making everyone accept a perverted lifestyle does not erase the sin in God's eyes.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu May 09, 2013 9:13 am

Freedom Forever wrote:I feel Christ died for all sin. I believe the Bible points out specific sin (s) (ex; Homosexuality) because of the danger it exposes us to. We should error on the side of Grace. We should try to win over the sinner not judge them. However that does not mean we sugar coat, accept, or change what sin is, just because that sin is now P.C. If you are gay and want to know more about your eternal life, check out good church. And stop blaming your condition on everyone else. There are good and bad churches out there. Not hard to find a good one. Or you can have your ears tickled by the JT types.

The shame that homosexuals are feeling is not my fault. Tolerance, changing or reinterpret the word of God will not ease the shame. Blame Christians if you want, but that shame you feel is internal. It may just be time to deal with your own eternity. Where will you be in 500 years? or 50.

Well said.

I'm sure the JT types will sugar coat it with something like "All sins are covered so it doesn't matter if you keep on sinning or not"

Then how do they explain Jesus telling the woman caught in adultery to "go and sin no more" ?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Thu May 09, 2013 2:37 pm

I love how the voices that scream about how we need to be tolerant of other's lifestyles, at the same time they are being intolerant of the views of people who disagree with that lifestyle.

Just like the Chris Kluwe firing. Many people came out in support of Chris and his outspoken support of gay marriage, and they screamed about how he should be free to express his opinions about the subject, and almost in the same sentance they verbally castrated anyone who would use their freedom of speech and come out against gay marriage.

Not to mention, the part I love about the whole "gay" thing, and gay marriage, is that the left completely ignores the fact that their favorite group of people (blacks) are the group singly responsible for prop 8 in California. The vast vast majority of blacks are against gay marriage, and against the gay lifestyle. Even the president was against gay marriage when he was being real, and not making decesions based on politics, but how he really believes. Also, the left's OTHER favorite group of people (muslims) hate gays, and being gay is much worse in the Koran, than it is in the bible, but yet christians that don't support gay marriage or the gay lifestyle are verbally cruicified while muslims are never mentioned. Muslims routinley KILL gays in other countries, but not christians.
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu May 09, 2013 2:39 pm

pse1124 wrote:I love how the voices that scream about how we need to be tolerant of other's lifestyles, at the same time they are being intolerant of the views of people who disagree with that lifestyle.

Just like the Chris Kluwe firing. Many people came out in support of Chris and his outspoken support of gay marriage, and they screamed about how he should be free to express his opinions about the subject, and almost in the same sentance they verbally castrated anyone who would use their freedom of speech and come out against gay marriage.

Not to mention, the part I love about the whole "gay" thing, and gay marriage, is that the left completely ignores the fact that their favorite group of people (blacks) are the group singly responsible for prop 8 in California. The vast vast majority of blacks are against gay marriage, and against the gay lifestyle. Even the president was against gay marriage when he was being real, and not making decesions based on politics, but how he really believes. Also, the left's OTHER favorite group of people (muslims) hate gays, and being gay is much worse in the Koran, than it is in the bible, but yet christians that don't support gay marriage or the gay lifestyle are verbally cruicified while muslims are never mentioned. Muslims routinley KILL gays in other countries, but not christians.

Stop being so rational.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  pse1124 Thu May 09, 2013 2:49 pm

The "Bart" person said this

People spend waaayyyyyy too much time minding the lives of others.

I was thinking to myself, yeah...your freaking party does. They want to control your lives from cradle to the grave. No fat, no 16oz sodas, no guns, must wear helmets and seat belts, no smoking in public, you can't save on your own for retirement so we will do it for you, you can't make your own healthcare choices, so we will do it for you, etc etc

And then the faux preacher says

Jesus never spoke about homosexuality (or about abortion) and yet in some religious circles those are the litmus tests for "real christians" all the while other sins are ignored.

So are those who are living a greedy lifestyle doomed to hell?

Or those who ignore Romans 13 and attack government, are they doomed to hell?

Are you seriously saying jesus would be cool with abortions, and killing babies? What a tool. And I suppose if you don't give everything you've earned to the government that jesus apparantly loved you are a sinner. Does he actually think this is what the bible teaches, or is he just saying this stuff to be controversial?
pse1124
pse1124

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 pm

BladeRunner wrote:I figured I'd post it here.....

"Basketball center Jason Collins became the first professional American
athlete to come out as gay while still active in a team sport. As soon
as the news broke, the religious debates started. Christians expressed
their disapproval; Christians came to his defense; people accused one
another of being bigots or sinners. It happens every time, and as a
Christian, I find it incredibly frustrating. Shortly after the news
broke, for instance, ESPN anchor Chris Broussard came under fire for the
following comments:

http://gcnjustin.tumblr.com/post/49276838693/four-ways-christians-are-getting-the-gay-debate-wrong

"Enter Jason Collins, who indeed talked in his SI article about not just
his sexuality and his race but also his faith. "I take the teachings of
Jesus seriously," he said, "particularly the ones that touch on
tolerance and understanding." Why have people ignored his faith? It may
be because his face doesn't look like the public face of American
evangelicalism. But it's also because a lot of American evangelicals
wouldn't think he was a real Christian—or at least not Christian
enough—even if he were white."

http://www.christiancentury.org/blogs/archive/2013-05/are-people-ignoring-jason-collins-faith-just-because-hes-black

So does a person have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian"?

No, a person does not have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian".

However, there are some sins listed in the Bible for which the Lord says "these will not inherit the kingdom of God".

Anyone want to take a stab at what some of these "sins" are?......

Thanks for reading my post.....

Remember, that guy at GPLF could be wrong.

So, you consider Jason to be a Christian. OK. Do you think other gay Christian athletes will come-out now? How about the non-christian athletes? How about anybody in the spotlight? actors, politicians, musicians? Is this just the beginning?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu May 09, 2013 3:26 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:

So, you consider Jason to be a Christian. OK. Do you think other gay Christian athletes will come-out now? How about the non-christian athletes? How about anybody in the spotlight? actors, politicians, musicians? Is this just the beginning?

You really do have a reading comprehension problem, don' t you?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu May 09, 2013 5:58 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

You said, "No, a person does not have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian".
So, I'll ask just to make it more clear for you: Do you think Jason is a "real Christian"?
From your statement, it appears to me that you do. Was I wrong about that?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu May 09, 2013 6:42 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

You said, "No, a person does not have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian".
So, I'll ask just to make it more clear for you: Do you think Jason is a "real Christian"?

If you want queer all the time without butthurt then I suggest you stay at the GLPV site.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu May 09, 2013 8:11 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

I think you need to do some research on which sins are not allowed (ie which sinners "will not inherit the kingdom of God").
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Your BS would be deleted as trolling over in the cess pool. Why not go back there and have your butthurt soothed by the girlymen.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Do you guys ever wonder if Jesus masterbated? I bet he did, at least once.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Fri May 10, 2013 4:59 am

Liberal wrote:Do you guys ever wonder if Jesus masterbated? I bet he did, at least once.

Why do you project what you are doing onto our Lord and Savior? Get a girlfriend and let it heal.
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri May 10, 2013 11:33 am

BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

I think you need to do some research on which sins are not allowed (ie which sinners "will not inherit the kingdom of God").

OK. Where would I find such a list? Do you have a reference?
Once again: Is Jason a Christian, in your opinion?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Fri May 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Try: reallydontgiveashit.com
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  sodaknomad Fri May 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:
Liberal wrote:Do you guys ever wonder if Jesus masterbated? I bet he did, at least once.

Get a girlfriend and let it heal.

Liberal DID have a girlfriend, but someone knifed her and deflated. She's in the back of the closet till he can get some duct tape to repair her.
sodaknomad
sodaknomad

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Sat May 11, 2013 6:13 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Did Jason confess his sin?

According to JT, using the Bible over at GPLV....

1John 1:8-10 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and
the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he who is faithful and
just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

Somehow I don't think coming and bragging about your sin qualifies as "confessing" that sin.....
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Mon May 13, 2013 10:56 am

BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:

Did Jason confess his sin?

According to JT, using the Bible over at GPLV....

1John 1:8-10 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and
the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he who is faithful and
just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

Somehow I don't think coming and bragging about your sin qualifies as "confessing" that sin.....

I have no idea if Jason confessed any or all of his sins (that's between him and his lord). Your asking that question does not answer either of mine:
"OK. Where would I find such a list? Do you have a reference?
"

I have become especially curious about your "which sins are not allowed" and "which sinners". You suggested that I research that. So again: Where would I find such a list? Do you have a reference?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Mon May 13, 2013 11:04 am

Jason may or may not be a Christian depending on whether he has accepted Jesus Christ as his savior and Lord.

The "Rules" for Christians are laid out in the bible.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Mon May 13, 2013 11:23 am

Do not be deceived.....

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteouswill not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

It's pretty clear to me.

But there are those that justify sinful behavior with statements like "Jesus did not mention homosexuality or abortion". (those words remind you of anyone?).

So, is Paul correct or wrong in his letter to the Corinthians?

If anyone (yeah, we know who we're talking about) disagrees with Paul on this, but supports Paul in the rest of his letters, what does that mean?

Remember...do not be deceived.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Mon May 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Or do you not know that the unrighteouswill not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Here is a link to parallel translations.

http://kjv.biblebrowser.com/1_corinthians/6-9.htm

Almost bet a cookie to a donut that JT's "true translation" may be among the parallel translations listed.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Mon May 13, 2013 2:31 pm

BladeRunner wrote:Do not be deceived.....

It's pretty clear to me.

But there are those that justify sinful behavior with statements like "Jesus did not mention homosexuality or abortion". (those words remind you of anyone?).

If anyone (yeah, we know who we're talking about) disagrees with Paul on this, but supports Paul in the rest of his letters, what does that mean?

Are you saying that Bible verse is the complete list of your "the sins that are not allowed" ? I notice some sins omitted there, like say murder.
BTW - are women who practice homosexuality OK to inherit?

No. The other words don't remind me of anyone. Kinda off topic anyway.

My other question, that you keep avoiding is, do you think or in your opinion, that Jason is a Christian?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Mon May 13, 2013 7:32 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Do not be deceived.....

It's pretty clear to me.

Are you saying that Bible verse is the complete list of your "the sins that are not allowed" ? I notice some sins omitted there, like say murder.
BTW - are women who practice homosexuality OK to inherit?

No. The other words don't remind me of anyone. Kinda off topic anyway.

My other question, that you keep avoiding is, do you think or in your opinion, that Jason is a Christian?

Asking that same question over and over and over again would get you smacked down over in the cesspool. Arent you glat we don't play that way here?

BTW, your question has been answered so FO.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next