Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the sinless life thread

+7
Just Braying It
nightlight88
RedWhiteBlue
pse1124
Darth Cheney
Freedom Forever
BladeRunner
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

the sinless life thread - Page 2 Empty Re: the sinless life thread

Post  Skeptical Mon May 13, 2013 7:53 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Do not be deceived.....

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteouswill not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

It's pretty clear to me.

But there are those that justify sinful behavior with statements like "Jesus did not mention homosexuality or abortion". (those words remind you of anyone?).

So, is Paul correct or wrong in his letter to the Corinthians?

If anyone (yeah, we know who we're talking about) disagrees with Paul on this, but supports Paul in the rest of his letters, what does that mean?

Remember...do not be deceived.

Are you saying that Bible verse is the complete list of your "the sins that are not allowed" ? I notice some sins omitted there, like say murder.
BTW - are women who practice homosexuality OK to inherit?

No. The other words don't remind me of anyone. Kinda off topic anyway.

My other question, that you keep avoiding is, do you think or in your opinion, that Jason is a Christian?

If you happen to be an atheist then any list, comprehensive or not, is wasted on you.

Only JT thinks he has the authority to dictate to others what "sins" a person should have on his/her list but I think it safe to say everyone else will agree it is up to each person to decide for themselves what is a sin ... and take their chances when their time is up and judgment comes.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

the sinless life thread - Page 2 Empty The Preacher gets Pissy

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 am

Thornton gets a tad pissy with his post as his imagined role as a conversation facilitator gets sucked into the swirl of the flush. Wotta tool!

"The purpose of this question [snort] was to stimulate a discussion [snort, snort] on whether or not a person needs to live a sinless life in order to be considered a "real Christian." [SNORT]"

http://greatplainsvoices.com/index.php?topic=9675.msg234606#msg234606

Quoting Romans 7:14, the gist of Thornton's inchorent argument appears to be that since Paul admits to being a sinner and that as a human he is incapable of not sinning even though he struggles against the sin, all of us then are sinners including the gay basketball player. The problem is the gay basketball player doesn't believe his actions are sinful. He in fact doesn't even attempt to fight the sin and instead revels in his sinfulness and expects others to respect his decision. Of course the Preacher doesn't believe the Bible addresses the sinfulness of homosexuality although many/most Bible commentaries disagree with Thornton's warped thinking. All aboard Thornton's Krazy Train!
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 14, 2013 11:41 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:Thornton gets a tad pissy with his post as his imagined role as a conversation facilitator gets sucked into the swirl of the flush. Wotta tool!

"The purpose of this question [snort] was to stimulate a discussion [snort, snort] on whether or not a person needs to live a sinless life in order to be considered a "real Christian." [SNORT]"

http://greatplainsvoices.com/index.php?topic=9675.msg234606#msg234606

Quoting Romans 7:14, the gist of Thornton's inchorent argument appears to be that since Paul admits to being a sinner and that as a human he is incapable of not sinning even though he struggles against the sin, all of us then are sinners including the gay basketball player. The problem is the gay basketball player doesn't believe his actions are sinful. He in fact doesn't even attempt to fight the sin and instead revels in his sinfulness and expects others to respect his decision. Of course the Preacher doesn't believe the Bible addresses the sinfulness of homosexuality although many/most Bible commentaries disagree with Thornton's warped thinking. All aboard Thornton's Krazy Train!

Well said

We all struggle with sin.

But, like you said, the gay basketball player is proudly bragging about his "lifestyle". He doesn't refer to it as SIN.

He's NOT struggling with it as Paul mentions.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue May 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Good to see you're back Blade.
Have you made a decision yet? (you have talked around my question, and tried tangents of 'struggling' or 'list of forbidden sins' etc. etc.)

Are you finally ready to give a simple "Yes" or "No' answer?
In your opinion: Is Jason a Christian?
Yes?
No?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 14, 2013 12:53 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:Good to see you're back Blade.
Have you made a decision yet? (you have talked around my question, and tried tangents of 'struggling' or 'list of forbidden sins' etc. etc.)

Yes?
No?

As I said before, you have a serious reading comprehension problem.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue May 14, 2013 2:13 pm

BladeRunner wrote:

Yes?
No?

Sorry, but I have been unable to decipher your diversions into a direct answer. To me, they seem evasive, unclear, and sometimes even contradictory. Please help me out. Easy to clarify:

I can read "Yes" or "No".
That's all I am asking. Why can't you just answer that? It's real simple. No wrong answer. I'm just asking for your opinion. What are you so afraid of? Why can't you just do that and get it over with?

(you only need to punch 2 or 3 keys)

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Tue May 14, 2013 2:14 pm

BladeRunner wrote:

Yes?
No?

RWB is getting to be quite the internet stalker. Only an arrogant azz would think that it could demand anything in a forum.

Your obsession with Freedom is bordering on psychotic. Seek help buddy.

nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue May 14, 2013 2:17 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

Yes?
No?

RWB is getting to be quite the internet stalker. Only an arrogant azz would think that it could demand anything in a forum.

Mental illness is a terrible thing to witness. I hope someday he gets some professional help beyond his mom telling him what a good boy he is.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 14, 2013 3:38 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

Yes?
No?

Sorry, but I have been unable to decipher your diversions into a direct answer. To me, they seem evasive, unclear, and sometimes even contradictory. Please help me out. Easy to clarify:

That's all I am asking. Why can't you just answer that? It's real simple. No wrong answer. I'm just asking for your opinion. What are you so afraid of? Why can't you just do that and get it over with?

What part of me saying he obviously does not think the homosexual act is a sin by trumpeting it to the rest of the world and the Bible clearly stating those who practice the sin of homosexuality will not inherit the kingdom of God did you not understand?

Do all people from Aberdeen have this much trouble understanding things?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue May 14, 2013 3:56 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:

Yes?
No?

What part of me saying he obviously does not think the homosexual act is a sin by trumpeting it to the rest of the world and the Bible clearly stating those who practice the sin of homosexuality will not inherit the kingdom of God did you not understand?

You also said: "No, a person does not have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian".

Do you think he's a Christian or not?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue May 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Yawn.

Just because you can't understand my answer doesn't mean I didn't answer your question.

You are the one notorious for refusing to answer questions...remember this thread?

the sinless life thread - Page 2 2875671632

Is this a common problem with people from Aberdeen?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Tue May 14, 2013 5:33 pm

BladeRunner wrote:Yawn.

Just because you can't understand my answer doesn't mean I didn't answer your question.

You are the one notorious for refusing to answer questions...remember this thread?

I guess I'm just too dumb to understand your answer. I need clarification. Could you please type in "Yes" or "No" for me?

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue May 14, 2013 7:58 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:Yawn.

I guess I'm just too dumb to understand your answer. I need clarification. Could you please type in "Yes" or "No" for me?

Ask God for only he knows what is in a person's heart.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Wed May 15, 2013 11:21 am

Great post, Dr. P

Quote from: PhineasTBluster on Today at 05:49:49 AM<blockquote class="bbc_standard_quote">So
then, John, if you know the answer to your original question and you
ask it anyway, is that trolling? I never have really understood that
term, but it would seem that it could be. Couldn't that be considered
as an attempt to show everybody just how more knowledgeable you think
you are than they in this area? I know you would never do such a thing,
but don't you think the potential is there? And if you already know
the answer, asking the question seems to be ridiculous or perhaps
self-serving to me. I could be wrong, however.
</blockquote>
Thornton has said numerous times that he prefers the Socratic Method.

"... instead I prefer a socratic method where multiple views are discussed and debated"

However
the Socratic Method employs a conversation facilitator, of which
Thornton envisions himself, to ask questions and direct/maneuver the
dialogue towards a conclusion that falsifies the interlocutors answers
and somehow teases out the correct answer/answers/knowledge/truths.

The problems with the Socratic Method are many, the least not being that the above isn't accomplished.

By
asking questions without making the intent of the questions clear, the
facilitator (Thornton) never clearly presents the points he is trying
to make resulting in a confusing mishmash.

With the constant
questioning the "discussion" becomes decidedly one way and starts to
take on the characteristics of a badgering attack.

All too often the Method devolves into a game of hide the ball where no knowledge is exposed or gained by the participants.

The Socratic Method is best reserved for classrooms and counseling tear fests. Forum discussions? Fuhgeddaboudit.

As far as PhineasTBluster's post..........We ALL know the person we're talking about would NEVER knowingly start threads to "show everybody just how more knowledgeable" he is...............
the sinless life thread - Page 2 1249464066 the sinless life thread - Page 2 4182311146
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu May 16, 2013 11:40 am

- - - - - - - and still no "yes" or "no" answer from Blade on my question.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Sun May 19, 2013 3:31 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote: - - - - - - - and still no "yes" or "no" answer from Blade on my question.

Your question has been answered dipshit. You just don't like the answer and are continuing to be the master baiter.

nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Mon May 20, 2013 5:00 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote: - - - - - - - and still no "yes" or "no" answer from Blade on my question.

Your question has been answered dipshit. You just don't like the answer and are continuing to be the master baiter.

No baiting at all. No reason. Why wouldn't I like it, and so what? It's just an opinion. All I'm asking is for his opinion. Don't you wonder why he won't give it?
I can't find his "yes" or "no" answer here. Could you point out the date and time please? Thank you.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Mon May 20, 2013 5:07 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

No baiting at all. No reason. Why wouldn't I like it, and so what? It's just an opinion. All I'm asking is for his opinion. Don't you wonder why he won't give it?
I can't find his "yes" or "no" answer here. Could you point out the date and time please? Thank you.

I don't wonder because nobody knows Jason's heart. And you trying to drag out an answer that nobody knows is a baiting question. Ask JT, he is the expert.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Mon May 20, 2013 5:24 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

I don't wonder because nobody knows Jason's heart. And you trying to drag out an answer that nobody knows is a baiting question. Ask JT, he is the expert.

I wasn't asking your opinion. I was asking for Blade's.
He claims he gave it. You claim he gave it.
So, point it out with date & time.
(or did you both lie about that?)

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Mon May 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Can threads be locked around here?
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Freedom Forever wrote:Can threads be locked around here?

I believe they can.

Do we want to go down that path?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://justsayingit.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed May 22, 2013 1:25 pm

No reason to close the thread. Blade simply cannot reconcile his two contradictory statements (below). He is obviously conflicted by the question (is Jason a Christian?). Perhaps he just needs more time. He'll answer when he's ready, or he won't. Up to him.

"What part of me saying he obviously does not think the homosexual act is a sin by trumpeting it to the rest of the world and the Bible clearly stating those who practice the sin of homosexuality will not inherit the kingdom of God did you not understand?" by Blade

AND:

"No, a person does not have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian".
by Blade

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed May 22, 2013 3:05 pm

I believe Preacher John got the question wrong from the very beginning when he asked "So does a person have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian"?" If Jason feels homosexuality is not a sin then he must feel he is not sinning. But Jason deflects the issue by stating "I take the teachings of Jesus seriously," he said, "particularly the ones that touch on tolerance and understanding."

Jason wants those Christians who believe homosexuality to be sinful and disagree with Gay Christians to tolerate their lifestyle and to accept them as "good Christians" on their terms, on their definitions, on their interpretations. But the way I understand Jesus when he speaks of toleration it is to tolerate the sinner but not the sin. "Go and sin no more". It is Jason and Thornton who are conflicted because they can't in all honesty square the circle. They declare that it is so when it isn't.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed May 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:I believe Preacher John got the question wrong from the very beginning when he asked "So does a person have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian"?" If Jason feels homosexuality is not a sin then he must feel he is not sinning. But Jason deflects the issue by stating "I take the teachings of Jesus seriously," he said, "particularly the ones that touch on tolerance and understanding."

Jason wants those Christians who believe homosexuality to be sinful and disagree with Gay Christians to tolerate their lifestyle and to accept them as "good Christians" on their terms, on their definitions, on their interpretations. But the way I understand Jesus when he speaks of toleration it is to tolerate the sinner but not the sin. "Go and sin no more". It is Jason and Thornton who are conflicted because they can't in all honesty square the circle. They declare that it is so when it isn't.

I don't know who Thornton is, but Jason seems confident and sincere in his beliefs.
I am curious, but will remain patient for Blade (someone who actually posts here) to answer.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Wed May 22, 2013 3:43 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:I believe Preacher John got the question wrong from the very beginning when he asked "So does a person have to live a sinless, perfect life to be a "real Christian"?" If Jason feels homosexuality is not a sin then he must feel he is not sinning. But Jason deflects the issue by stating "I take the teachings of Jesus seriously," he said, "particularly the ones that touch on tolerance and understanding."

I don't know who Thornton is, but Jason seems confident and sincere in his beliefs.
I am curious, but will remain patient for Blade (someone who actually posts here) to answer.

Since you are unaware of Preacher John Thornton, I would suggest you spend some time at GPLV familiarizing yourself with him as his musings were the origins of this thread. You could even engage him in your silly games as he seems fond of circular and fallacious reasoning. Jason, the homo BB player in question, while seemingly secure in his faith, doesn't appear to possess a very deep understanding of/about his faith preferring to cherry pick Jesus' teachings so as to conform them to his chosen lifestyle.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next