Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breach in Protocol ???

+4
Gomezz Adddams
Dr. Evil
Rusty Houser
Skeptical
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Breach in Protocol ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Breach in Protocol ???

Post  Gomezz Adddams Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:55 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Gomezz, that was a very informative article outlining the duties of the Surgeon General's support staff, but what you are missing is an explanation of his duties.  Sometimes you have to go straight to the horses mouth.  Here is an excerpt from an interview with Dr. Richard Carmona, the 17th Surgeon General.

"The Surgeon General interfaces on a daily basis with the NIH, CDC,  SAMHSA,   HRSA , and all of the federally related health agencies as well as global health organizations like the World Health Organization, Pan American Health Association, and the American Public Health Association. The Surgeon General provides in-depth analysis of health policy for every cabinet minister, including the Interior, Commerce, and Homeland Security. It’s a very visible, credible, and iconic position."

Skeptical, as you can see there are too many duties for these other departments to simply absorb.  These different departments and the American people need the communication the Surgeon General provides.

It's not an article. It's the Surgeon General website with essentially a mission statement. Not one word about coordination of health departments (CDC, NIH) on that site or the one you posted.

Essentially the Surgeon General performs as an advocate for the public health policies of the administration. It acts more as a clearinghouse of health information. Translation: the SG is reponsible for putting a happy face on government health propoganda. Kind of like a nagging nanny reminding us to wash our hands after peeing, don't use too much salt, don't smoke, don't drink to excess, take your vitamins, ok for teen girls to give their BFs BJs instead of putting out. That kind of thing.

Last edited by Gomezz Adddams on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:02 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:  Or we could just stop the childish antics and obstructionism and get someone in the job....

Oh yes, let's all wait for the Surgeon General savior!  After all he/she is the ONLY person capable of preventing this situation from becoming a full blown emergency..

Coming next, this Ebola crisis is the fault of the NRA, right Doc?

Almost as obtuse as blaming Obama....

You really must stop your childish rants.

But since the CDC does fall under the span of control of Obama then you might say the ultimate responsibility does rest with Obama!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:  Or we could just stop the childish antics and obstructionism and get someone in the job....

Oh yes, let's all wait for the Surgeon General savior!  After all he/she is the ONLY person capable of preventing this situation from becoming a full blown emergency..

But since the CDC does fall under the span of control of Obama then you might say the ultimate responsibility does rest with Obama!

I assume you blame Reagan for AIDS then, since it came into the US on his watch?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

I assume you blame Reagan for AIDS then, since it came into the US on his watch?

Yep, Yep, Yepper, Darth was correct!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

A simple yes or no would do.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

For the second time .... YES, Darth was correct!!!

For your information ... AIDS as it eventually became to be called was first discovered among gay males and for a time was called GRIDS for Gay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay-related_immune_deficiency

So your deflection attempt to blame Reagan is in poor taste.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:32 pm

President Ebola has this completely under control. After all, he is the most intelligent black man that can speak clearly (aka...no negro dialect) and is clean. Democrats have brought Ebola to our shores and into our country...surely they can also contain it. Maybe the Great Dr. Joycelyn Elders could return and teach our youths to properly masturbate. If she only had more time we would have less rump cowboys smearing feces on their junk. She was a fantastic democrat pick!
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

For your information ... AIDS as it eventually became to be called was first discovered among gay males and for a time was called GRIDS for Gay Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome.

So is he to blame, or is he not?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

The homos that stick their peckers into each others asses is to blame.

Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:  
Skeptical wrote:

I am not going to blame Reagan for AIDS.  According to the HX of Aids it was detected as a social communicable disease being transmitted from person to person within the gay community and I doubt Reagan can be blamed for gays.

You might have to go back in time and perhaps blame it on Nixon!

Check out Robert Rayford
In May 1969 a 15-year-old African-American Robert Rayford died at the St. Louis City Hospital from Kaposi's sarcoma. In 1987 researchers at Tulane University School of Medicine detected "a virus closely related or identical to"[49] HIV-1 in his preserved blood and tissues. The doctors who worked on his case at the time suspected he was a prostitute, though the patient did not discuss his sexual history with them in detail.[49][50][51][52][53]

While Aids or the forerunner of it did find its way to the country nobody in the administrations of either Nixon or Reagan knowingly directed a person so infected to be brought here for treatment.

Are you able to see the difference here?

Oh BTW, contrary to your faulted understanding, I never blamed Obama.  If you recall what I said was
But since the CDC does fall under the span of control of Obama then you might say the ultimate responsibility does rest with Obama
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:20 pm

"The guidelines were constantly changing" and "there were no protocols" at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas as the hospital treated a patient with Ebola, the president of National Nurses United said in a statement on Tuesday. Protective gear nurses wore at first left their necks exposed, union co-president Deborah Burger said, citing information she said came from nurses at the hospital. The union said it would not identify the nurses it spoke with in order to protect them from possible retaliation.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/14/health/texas-ebola-nurses-union-claims/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

So much for CDC head, Dr. Friedman's
The nurse had "extensive contact" on "multiple occasions" with Duncan.

At some point, there was a breach in protocol, and that breach in protocol resulted in this infection," he said at a news conference Sunday. "The (Ebola treatment) protocols work. ... But we know that even a single lapse or breach can result in infection.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:26 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:  
Skeptical wrote:

I am not going to blame Reagan for AIDS.  According to the HX of Aids it was detected as a social communicable disease being transmitted from person to person within the gay community and I doubt Reagan can be blamed for gays.

You might have to go back in time and perhaps blame it on Nixon!

Check out Robert Rayford
In May 1969 a 15-year-old African-American Robert Rayford died at the St. Louis City Hospital from Kaposi's sarcoma. In 1987 researchers at Tulane University School of Medicine detected "a virus closely related or identical to"[49] HIV-1 in his preserved blood and tissues. The doctors who worked on his case at the time suspected he was a prostitute, though the patient did not discuss his sexual history with them in detail.[49][50][51][52][53]

While Aids or the forerunner of it did find its way to the country nobody in the administrations of either Nixon or Reagan knowingly directed a person so infected to be brought here for treatment.

Are you able to see the difference here?

Oh BTW, contrary to your faulted understanding, I never blamed Obama.  If you recall what I said was
But since the CDC does fall under the span of control of Obama then you might say the ultimate responsibility does rest with Obama

I understand completely.  

#1 God hates fags, so Reagan figured "Who am I to get in the way of God's work?"

#2 There may have been one isolated case of AIDS many years before it came somewhat of an epidemic on Reagan's watch.

#3 Conservatives are looking to manufacture another "scandal" in the Ebola outbreak.  Two of the three American citizens who deserved the right to be brought back to their homeland to be treated in the best medical facilities by the best medical staff in the world have been released, and the last is soon to follow.  Apparently the leaders of our nation's top  medical institutions felt that they were up to the task.  And they were.  

What would your plan of attack have been?

Last edited by Dr. Jones on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:46 am

Dr. Jones wrote:I understand completely.  

#1 God hates fags, so Reagan figured "Who am I to get in the way of God's work?"

Oh my, what an earth shattering revealation!  Do you understand how this changes the legacy of this former President.  I am sure all members of this forum will look forward to you submitting verifiable proof, preferablely with personal quotes to that effect by Mr. Reagan where he does in fact, as you say, "hates fags"

#2 There may have been one isolated case of AIDS many years before it came somewhat of an epidemic on Reagan's watch.

"The greatest impact of the epidemic is among men who have sex with men (MSM) and among racial/ethnic minorities, with increases in the number of cases among women and of cases attributed to heterosexual transmission."  Oh yes, as you say this is due to President Reagan hates, as you call them "fags".  As of this time I cannot find any source material where Mr. Reagan ordered or otherwise forced the gays to go forward and fornicate with other gays to increase the spread of the disease.  Perhaps you will provide that data.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5021a2.htm

#3 Conservatives are looking to manufacture another "scandal" in the Ebola outbreak.  Two of the three American citizens who deserved the right to be brought back to their homeland to be treated in the best medical facilities by the best medical staff in the world have been released, and the last is soon to follow.  Apparently the leaders of our nation's top  medical institutions felt that they were up to the task.  And they were.

No need to "maufacture" anything Dr. Friedman's circular spin of "feel good" rhetoric speaks for itself.  No help is needed by consrvatives.

What would your plan of attack been?

I humbly bow to your expertise in solving this situation.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Houser Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:31 am

Dr. Jones wrote:#1 God hates fags, so Reagan figured "Who am I to get in the way of God's work?"

Reagan wasn't a homo hater, some of his best friends were fags. He even fought against The Briggs Initiative in California. He did rely on the support of The Moral Majority and that probably colored his response.

Rusty Houser

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:07 am

Paquette wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:#1 God hates fags, so Reagan figured "Who am I to get in the way of God's work?"

Reagan wasn't a homo hater, some of his best friends were fags. He even fought against The Briggs Initiative in California. He did rely on the support of The Moral Majority and that probably colored his response.

I actually read that about Reagan. I would say that very few people actually hate homosexuals, mostly just lip service to tow the party line. Please keep in mind that I don't hold Reagan the least bit responsible for this. I'm just making a point about this idiotic game some like to play.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:22 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:I understand completely.  

Oh my, what an earth shattering revealation!  Do you understand how this changes the legacy of this former President.  I am sure all members of this forum will look forward to you submitting verifiable proof, preferablely with personal quotes to that effect by Mr. Reagan where he does in fact, as you say, "hates fags"

"The greatest impact of the epidemic is among men who have sex with men (MSM) and among racial/ethnic minorities, with increases in the number of cases among women and of cases attributed to heterosexual transmission."  Oh yes, as you say this is due to President Reagan hates, as you call them "fags".  As of this time I cannot find any source material where Mr. Reagan ordered or otherwise forced the gays to go forward and fornicate with other gays to increase the spread of the disease.  Perhaps you will provide that data.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5021a2.htm

No need to "maufacture" anything Dr. Friedman's circular spin of "feel good" rhetoric speaks for itself.  No help is needed by consrvatives.

What would your plan of attack been?

I humbly bow to your expertise in this situation.

Reading isn't your strong point is it? I never said Reagan hated fags. I said God hates fags(in honor of our friends from the WBC). General consensus at the time was that it was strictly a homosexual disease, and that maybe these sinners were getting what they had coming.

I assumed that since you were making such a fuss, you had at least a few ideas of your own on what he should have done differently. It's almost as if you are bitching just to bitch.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:24 am

Dr. Jones wrote: Reading isn't your strong point is it?  I never said Reagan hated fags. I said God hates fags(in honor of our friends from the WBC).  General consensus at the time was that it was strictly a homosexual disease, and that maybe these sinners were getting what they had coming.

I assumed that since you were making such a fuss, you had at least a few ideas of your own on what he should have done differently.  It's almost as if you are bitching just to bitch.

When you said
God hates fags, so Reagan figured "Who am I to get in the way of God's work?"
and then accusing Reagan of letting them die is the same as you declaring he hates fags.

Anyway that is history and that concerned AIDS.

The latest threat is Ebola.

Now that another health care worker  who cared for Mr. Duncan at the Dallas hospital has come down with Ebola I want to know what your plans are to stop the spread of this disease.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:42 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote: Reading isn't your strong point is it?  I never said Reagan hated fags. I said God hates fags(in honor of our friends from the WBC).  General consensus at the time was that it was strictly a homosexual disease, and that maybe these sinners were getting what they had coming.

I assumed that since you were making such a fuss, you had at least a few ideas of your own on what he should have done differently.  It's almost as if you are bitching just to bitch.

When you said
and then accusing Reagan of letting them die is the same as you declaring he hates fags.

Now that another health care worker  who cared for Mr. Duncan at the Dallas hospital has come down with Ebola I want to know what your plans are to stop the spread of this disease.

The plan is to call everyone who is not of color RACIST

and sing in unison O-BA-MA, O-BA-MA, O-BA-MA
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:49 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

When you said

The plan is to call everyone who is not of color RACIST

and sing in unison   O-BA-MA, O-BA-MA, O-BA-MA

You owe me a keyboard, just spit out my coffee reading your reply!
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 am

Skeptical wrote:

When you said

I am satisfied with how it's bring handled. You are the one who says we are going about it all wrong.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:18 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

When you said

I am satisfied with how it's bring handled.  You are the one who says we are going about it all wrong.

Please refresh my memory by copying and pasting my exact words what I said about "we are going about it all wrong".
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:31 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

When you said

I am satisfied with how it's bring handled.  You are the one who says we are going about it all wrong.

Please refresh my memory by copying and pasting my exact words what I said about "we are going about it all wrong".

My bad. I thought you were in the camp that was blaming Obama's mishandling of the situation for the fact that we have Ebola in the US.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:57 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

When you said

My bad.  I thought you were in the camp that was blaming Obama's mishandling of the situation for the fact that we have Ebola in the US.

As somebody once said, "Reading isn't your strong point is it?"

That is what happens when a person's only exercise are mental gymnastics such as jumping to conclusions.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:11 am

Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

When you said

My bad.  I thought you were in the camp that was blaming Obama's mishandling of the situation for the fact that we have Ebola in the US.

That is what happens when a person's only exercise are mental gymnastics such as jumping to conclusions.

So you're fine with the way Obama has handled things then? Your not fictitiously blaming him for bringing Ebola into the US?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 am

Dr. Jones wrote:So you're fine with the way Obama has handled things then? Your not fictitiously blaming him for bringing Ebola into the US?

You have a more fertile imagination than a writer of children's fantasy stories!

Please refresh my memory by copying and pasting my exact words where I posted I was
fine with the way Obama has handled things then or blaming Obama.

Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum