You got to be kidding

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

You got to be kidding Empty You got to be kidding

Post  Skeptical on Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:54 am

Minneapolis is fairly close so it may fit in the local news

Just when you thought liberals couldn't get nuttier in the name of equality

Minneapolis Public Schools are implementing a new policy aimed at eliminating the gap between the races when it comes to suspensions. Nothing will change for white students,] they will still be suspended at the discretion of each school’s principal. But for minority students, specifically black, Hispanic and Native American students, the Minneapolis Schools Superintendent’s office will personally review each case.

This new policy is part of an agreement with U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights announced last week after an investigation into why minority students made up such a high percentage suspended students in the past.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/10/separate-and-unequal-minnesota-school-district-to-review-all-suspension-of-black-and-brown-students/
Skeptical
Skeptical

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  BladeRunner on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Minnesota, the land of the unequal.

This is nothing but blatant racism.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Posts : 1922
Join date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:28 pm

"All students are equal, but some students are more equal than others" - paraphrasing George Orwell - Animal Farm.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Darth Cheney on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Minorities continue to cut their own throats and destroy their futures...news at 10:00
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Posts : 3556
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : SE SD

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Shortie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:30 am

You can call it racism if you want, but the fact of the matter is, this change in protocol is rooted in research about how Black, Hispanic, and Native American kids are suspended more often and for longer periods of time than white kids for the same behavioral problems. So actually, the schools are trying to combat racism. I will say, however, it would have been better that all suspensions be reviewed by the superintendent to make sure there are no major discrepancies across the board.
Shortie
Shortie

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  nightlight88 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:00 am

Shortie wrote:You can call it racism if you want, but the fact of the matter is, this change in protocol is rooted in research about how Black, Hispanic, and Native American kids are suspended more often and for longer periods of time than white kids for the same behavioral problems. So actually, the schools are trying to combat racism. I will say, however, it would have been better that all suspensions be reviewed by the superintendent to make sure there are no major discrepancies across the board.


My first thought is that maybe more minorities are suspended because minorities cause the most problem.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  BladeRunner on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:37 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:You can call it racism if you want, but the fact of the matter is, this change in protocol is rooted in research about how Black, Hispanic, and Native American kids are suspended more often and for longer periods of time than white kids for the same behavioral problems. So actually, the schools are trying to combat racism. I will say, however, it would have been better that all suspensions be reviewed by the superintendent to make sure there are no major discrepancies across the board.


My first thought is that maybe more minorities are suspended because minorities cause the most problem.

And likely the same reason there are more minorities in our prisons.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Posts : 1922
Join date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  nightlight88 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 am

BladeRunner wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:You can call it racism if you want, but the fact of the matter is, this change in protocol is rooted in research about how Black, Hispanic, and Native American kids are suspended more often and for longer periods of time than white kids for the same behavioral problems. So actually, the schools are trying to combat racism. I will say, however, it would have been better that all suspensions be reviewed by the superintendent to make sure there are no major discrepancies across the board.


My first thought is that maybe more minorities are suspended because minorities cause the most problem.

And likely the same reason there are more minorities in our prisons.

tru dat!
nightlight88
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:22 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:You can call it racism if you want, but the fact of the matter is, this change in protocol is rooted in research about how Black, Hispanic, and Native American kids are suspended more often and for longer periods of time than white kids for the same behavioral problems. So actually, the schools are trying to combat racism. I will say, however, it would have been better that all suspensions be reviewed by the superintendent to make sure there are no major discrepancies across the board.


My first thought is that maybe more minorities are suspended because minorities cause the most problem.
I'm going to point out the key words you might have missed.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  nightlight88 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:47 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:You can call it racism if you want, but the fact of the matter is, this change in protocol is rooted in research about how Black, Hispanic, and Native American kids are suspended more often and for longer periods of time than white kids for the same behavioral problems. So actually, the schools are trying to combat racism. I will say, however, it would have been better that all suspensions be reviewed by the superintendent to make sure there are no major discrepancies across the board.


My first thought is that maybe more minorities are suspended because minorities cause the most problem.
I'm going to point out the key words you might have missed.

If you think that per capita behaviors between blacks and whites are the same, then you are truly brain damaged.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  BladeRunner on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:43 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:You can call it racism if you want, but the fact of the matter is, this change in protocol is rooted in research about how Black, Hispanic, and Native American kids are suspended more often and for longer periods of time than white kids for the same behavioral problems. So actually, the schools are trying to combat racism. I will say, however, it would have been better that all suspensions be reviewed by the superintendent to make sure there are no major discrepancies across the board.


My first thought is that maybe more minorities are suspended because minorities cause the most problem.
I'm going to point out the key words you might have missed.

If you think that per capita behaviors between blacks and whites are the same, then you are truly brain damaged.

Now now now, the real reason the minorities have behavioral problems is because they haven't been given the same opportunities the whites have been given. That is why we must take from the white people and give to the minorities. So that they have the same opportunities. Because they don't have opportunities living in this country whatsoever. It's not their fault. Their environment is at fault. America isn't really the land of opportunity.

In fact, we must have a system where in employers must hire a certain number of minorities--regardless of qualifications. Universities must accept a certain number of minorities regardless of their ACT and GPA scores. On top of that, we will give more scholarships to minorities. They're the ones that truly deserve it.

We have to change the firemen application test so that minorities can get the same scores as caucasian applicants. We wouldn't want to disallow non-qualified individuals from getting that job.


Ooops....almost forgot......

You got to be kidding 1249464066







In today's America, equality only works one way.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Posts : 1922
Join date : 2012-12-21

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 am

nightlight88 wrote:
If you think that per capita behaviors between blacks and whites are the same, then you are truly brain damaged.
affraid

I cannot believe you just said that and its the year 2015... what is this 1915?
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  nightlight88 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:10 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
If you think that per capita behaviors between blacks and whites are the same, then you are truly brain damaged.
affraid

I cannot believe you just said that and its the year 2015... what is this 1915?

You have difficulty with reality and research don't you.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Caitlyn Piltover on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:56 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
You have difficulty with reality and research don't you.
To even assume that someone acts differently in behavior patterns based on race, is from a generation that approved nearly all of the black marks that perpetuated our society in the early 1900s.
Caitlyn Piltover
Caitlyn Piltover

Posts : 257
Join date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Shortie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:25 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:You can call it racism if you want, but the fact of the matter is, this change in protocol is rooted in research about how Black, Hispanic, and Native American kids are suspended more often and for longer periods of time than white kids for the same behavioral problems. So actually, the schools are trying to combat racism. I will say, however, it would have been better that all suspensions be reviewed by the superintendent to make sure there are no major discrepancies across the board.


My first thought is that maybe more minorities are suspended because minorities cause the most problem.
I'm going to point out the key words you might have missed.

If you think that per capita behaviors between blacks and whites are the same, then you are truly brain damaged.

Hahahahaha! Thank you. You just COMPLETELY backed me up!

It's people like you who are giving minority kids more frequent and longer suspensions because they believe that they need to come down harder on minority kids because they are the "problem kids." So white kids get a pass for some of their miscreant behavior, because...you know...they're white. They aren't the problem. Oh man. Thank you, nightlight! That was so great.

Shortie
Shortie

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Jammer on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:29 pm

Caitlyn Piltover wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
You have difficulty with reality and research don't you.
To even assume that someone acts differently in behavior patterns based on race, is from a generation that approved nearly all of the black marks that perpetuated our society in the early 1900s.

Nobody believes a word you say dumbass.

Crime rates are much different.  Blacks make up 13.2% of the population but their crime rate is at 49,4%.  Whites make up 77.7% of the population but their murder and manslaughter crime rate is only 48.2%.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

67% of black families are single parent, while Whites are only 24% and Asian on 16%.

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/tables/107-children-in-single-parent-families-by#detailed/1/any/false/36,868,867,133,38/10,168,9,12,1,13,185/432,431

There are many additional behaviors that are dramatically different between the races.  However, it does not pay to provide any facts to low life progressive liberals as they will never accept facts or data.  It is all about how they feel at the moment.

And if anyone cares about how I feel at the moment, I feel that all progressive liberals are LYING evil people.
Jammer
Jammer

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Shortie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 pm

Some of the research I heard not that long ago had to deal with pre-schools. Where little black kids would get suspended...FROM PRE-SCHOOL for things like biting. That's crazy. If you know anything about pre-schoolers, things like biting happen. They are young. They are figuring out what is socially acceptable and what is not. They make mistakes, no matter their race. Some learn faster than others. And I guarantee they don't understand the concept of being suspended anyway! Turns out, white kids were not getting suspended for these instances. Just the minority kids. The "problem kids." This was not one singular pre-school. It was many. It was really interesting and really frustrating information.

As for k-12 grade, I worked with kids for many years in the theatre world. When I was with my traveling theatre company, I spent many weeks in poor, rural towns all over the country. I can tell you first hand that kids are good by nature. It was the greatest lesson I ever learned. Any time a kid is "bad," it means one of three things. 1). They are not getting their basic needs met. They are hungry or dirty or exhausted or spent much of their life not feeling safe or all of the above. 2). They have been physically sexually and/or emotionally abuse and damaged to a point that they feel the need to constantly act out as a sort of defense mechanism. 3). They have some sort of undiagnosed learning disability and spend all of their time in school frustrated to the point of acting out.

So yeah, I suppose in certain areas of the country, it may seem like it's the black kids causing all the trouble, because there are simply more black people in that area making up the poor. But we have plenty of poor white kids causing trouble all over the MidWest, making their educators' lives miserable.

You know what never works with "bad" kids? Suspension. They don't give a rat's ass. They already feel like all adults have written them off, so why would they care about being told not to come to school? Kids like that need a totally different approach. And they definitely don't need to be finding out that ON TOP of them feeling like no one gives a shiste about them, the school is actually punishing them MORE for the same crime as Johnny-B-White over there, just because of the color of his skin. Smooth move, schools.

At the end of the day, all other blathering aside, THIS is why I'm not mad at this school district for the suspension reviews: it came to their attention that there were discrepancies in consistency, and they did something about it to try and rectify the problem. That's called doing your job.
Shortie
Shortie

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  nightlight88 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:12 am

Shortie wrote:Some of the research I heard not that long ago had to deal with pre-schools. Where little black kids would get suspended...FROM PRE-SCHOOL for things like biting. That's crazy. If you know anything about pre-schoolers, things like biting happen. They are young. They are figuring out what is socially acceptable and what is not. They make mistakes, no matter their race. Some learn faster than others. And I guarantee they don't understand the concept of being suspended anyway! Turns out, white kids were not getting suspended for these instances. Just the minority kids. The "problem kids." This was not one singular pre-school. It was many. It was really interesting and really frustrating information.

As for k-12 grade, I worked with kids for many years in the theatre world. When I was with my traveling theatre company, I spent many weeks in poor, rural towns all over the country. I can tell you first hand that kids are good by nature. It was the greatest lesson I ever learned. Any time a kid is "bad," it means one of three things. 1). They are not getting their basic needs met. They are hungry or dirty or exhausted or spent much of their life not feeling safe or all of the above. 2). They have been physically sexually and/or emotionally abuse and damaged to a point that they feel the need to constantly act out as a sort of defense mechanism. 3). They have some sort of undiagnosed learning disability and spend all of their time in school frustrated to the point of acting out.

So yeah, I suppose in certain areas of the country, it may seem like it's the black kids causing all the trouble, because there are simply more black people in that area making up the poor. But we have plenty of poor white kids causing trouble all over the MidWest, making their educators' lives miserable.

You know what never works with "bad" kids? Suspension. They don't give a rat's ass. They already feel like all adults have written them off, so why would they care about being told not to come to school? Kids like that need a totally different approach. And they definitely don't need to be finding out that ON TOP of them feeling like no one gives a shiste about them, the school is actually punishing them MORE for the same crime as Johnny-B-White over there, just because of the color of his skin. Smooth move, schools.

At the end of the day, all other blathering aside, THIS is why I'm not mad at this school district for the suspension reviews: it came to their attention that there were discrepancies in consistency, and they did something about it to try and rectify the problem. That's called doing your job.

I bet you heard about the study on wehatewhitey.com.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Posts : 1680
Join date : 2012-12-25

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Shortie on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:50 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:Some of the research I heard not that long ago had to deal with pre-schools. Where little black kids would get suspended...FROM PRE-SCHOOL for things like biting. That's crazy. If you know anything about pre-schoolers, things like biting happen. They are young. They are figuring out what is socially acceptable and what is not. They make mistakes, no matter their race. Some learn faster than others. And I guarantee they don't understand the concept of being suspended anyway! Turns out, white kids were not getting suspended for these instances. Just the minority kids. The "problem kids." This was not one singular pre-school. It was many. It was really interesting and really frustrating information.

As for k-12 grade, I worked with kids for many years in the theatre world. When I was with my traveling theatre company, I spent many weeks in poor, rural towns all over the country. I can tell you first hand that kids are good by nature. It was the greatest lesson I ever learned. Any time a kid is "bad," it means one of three things. 1). They are not getting their basic needs met. They are hungry or dirty or exhausted or spent much of their life not feeling safe or all of the above. 2). They have been physically sexually and/or emotionally abuse and damaged to a point that they feel the need to constantly act out as a sort of defense mechanism. 3). They have some sort of undiagnosed learning disability and spend all of their time in school frustrated to the point of acting out.

So yeah, I suppose in certain areas of the country, it may seem like it's the black kids causing all the trouble, because there are simply more black people in that area making up the poor. But we have plenty of poor white kids causing trouble all over the MidWest, making their educators' lives miserable.

You know what never works with "bad" kids? Suspension. They don't give a rat's ass. They already feel like all adults have written them off, so why would they care about being told not to come to school? Kids like that need a totally different approach. And they definitely don't need to be finding out that ON TOP of them feeling like no one gives a shiste about them, the school is actually punishing them MORE for the same crime as Johnny-B-White over there, just because of the color of his skin. Smooth move, schools.

At the end of the day, all other blathering aside, THIS is why I'm not mad at this school district for the suspension reviews: it came to their attention that there were discrepancies in consistency, and they did something about it to try and rectify the problem. That's called doing your job.

I bet you heard about the study on wehatewhitey.com.

NPR, actually. But I'm sure I'd have to say I heard it from theblaze.com or Glen Beck or some sh*t for you to not dismiss it.
Shortie
Shortie

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Jammer on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am

Shortie wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:Some of the research I heard not that long ago had to deal with pre-schools. Where little black kids would get suspended...FROM PRE-SCHOOL for things like biting. That's crazy. If you know anything about pre-schoolers, things like biting happen. They are young. They are figuring out what is socially acceptable and what is not. They make mistakes, no matter their race. Some learn faster than others. And I guarantee they don't understand the concept of being suspended anyway! Turns out, white kids were not getting suspended for these instances. Just the minority kids. The "problem kids." This was not one singular pre-school. It was many. It was really interesting and really frustrating information.

As for k-12 grade, I worked with kids for many years in the theatre world. When I was with my traveling theatre company, I spent many weeks in poor, rural towns all over the country. I can tell you first hand that kids are good by nature. It was the greatest lesson I ever learned. Any time a kid is "bad," it means one of three things. 1). They are not getting their basic needs met. They are hungry or dirty or exhausted or spent much of their life not feeling safe or all of the above. 2). They have been physically sexually and/or emotionally abuse and damaged to a point that they feel the need to constantly act out as a sort of defense mechanism. 3). They have some sort of undiagnosed learning disability and spend all of their time in school frustrated to the point of acting out.

So yeah, I suppose in certain areas of the country, it may seem like it's the black kids causing all the trouble, because there are simply more black people in that area making up the poor. But we have plenty of poor white kids causing trouble all over the MidWest, making their educators' lives miserable.

You know what never works with "bad" kids? Suspension. They don't give a rat's ass. They already feel like all adults have written them off, so why would they care about being told not to come to school? Kids like that need a totally different approach. And they definitely don't need to be finding out that ON TOP of them feeling like no one gives a shiste about them, the school is actually punishing them MORE for the same crime as Johnny-B-White over there, just because of the color of his skin. Smooth move, schools.

At the end of the day, all other blathering aside, THIS is why I'm not mad at this school district for the suspension reviews: it came to their attention that there were discrepancies in consistency, and they did something about it to try and rectify the problem. That's called doing your job.

I bet you heard about the study on wehatewhitey.com.

NPR, actually. But I'm sure I'd have to say I heard it from theblaze.com or Glen Beck or some sh*t for you to not dismiss it.

Classic example of an "useful idiot".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Useful+idiot

These people have never been successful at anything in their lives, they are clueless and pure EVIL.
Jammer
Jammer

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Gomezz Adddams on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:08 am

Shortie wrote:Some of the research I heard not that long ago had to deal with pre-schools. Where little black kids would get suspended...FROM PRE-SCHOOL for things like biting. That's crazy. If you know anything about pre-schoolers, things like biting happen. They are young. They are figuring out what is socially acceptable and what is not. They make mistakes, no matter their race. Some learn faster than others. And I guarantee they don't understand the concept of being suspended anyway! Turns out, white kids were not getting suspended for these instances. Just the minority kids. The "problem kids." This was not one singular pre-school. It was many. It was really interesting and really frustrating information.

As for k-12 grade, I worked with kids for many years in the theatre world. When I was with my traveling theatre company, I spent many weeks in poor, rural towns all over the country. I can tell you first hand that kids are good by nature. It was the greatest lesson I ever learned. Any time a kid is "bad," it means one of three things. 1). They are not getting their basic needs met. They are hungry or dirty or exhausted or spent much of their life not feeling safe or all of the above. 2). They have been physically sexually and/or emotionally abuse and damaged to a point that they feel the need to constantly act out as a sort of defense mechanism. 3). They have some sort of undiagnosed learning disability and spend all of their time in school frustrated to the point of acting out.

So yeah, I suppose in certain areas of the country, it may seem like it's the black kids causing all the trouble, because there are simply more black people in that area making up the poor. But we have plenty of poor white kids causing trouble all over the MidWest, making their educators' lives miserable.

You know what never works with "bad" kids? Suspension. They don't give a rat's ass. They already feel like all adults have written them off, so why would they care about being told not to come to school? Kids like that need a totally different approach. And they definitely don't need to be finding out that ON TOP of them feeling like no one gives a shiste about them, the school is actually punishing them MORE for the same crime as Johnny-B-White over there, just because of the color of his skin. Smooth move, schools.

At the end of the day, all other blathering aside, THIS is why I'm not mad at this school district for the suspension reviews: it came to their attention that there were discrepancies in consistency, and they did something about it to try and rectify the problem. That's called doing your job.

1) Children acting out and causing problems in the classroom also detract from the learning environment making the task of learning for the kids that behave and are there to learn more difficult. So suspension certainly is reasonable. In fact I'm in favor of expulsion in the most severe cases.

2) If Johnny-B-White is acting out and being punished less than Tyrone-M-Darkie for the same offenses then why are Mpls schools cutting the white student slack and not reviewing his punishment?. Why are they keeping the bar low for Johnny-B-White? Oh that's right, that's so we can lower the bar for everybody . Let's don't strive for excellence when it's easier to embrace mediocrity.

The problem is this is a systemic problem that will not be close to be solved by an inequality of enforcement.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Posts : 2962
Join date : 2012-12-22

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Shortie on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:52 pm

Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:Some of the research I heard not that long ago had to deal with pre-schools. Where little black kids would get suspended...FROM PRE-SCHOOL for things like biting. That's crazy. If you know anything about pre-schoolers, things like biting happen. They are young. They are figuring out what is socially acceptable and what is not. They make mistakes, no matter their race. Some learn faster than others. And I guarantee they don't understand the concept of being suspended anyway! Turns out, white kids were not getting suspended for these instances. Just the minority kids. The "problem kids." This was not one singular pre-school. It was many. It was really interesting and really frustrating information.

As for k-12 grade, I worked with kids for many years in the theatre world. When I was with my traveling theatre company, I spent many weeks in poor, rural towns all over the country. I can tell you first hand that kids are good by nature. It was the greatest lesson I ever learned. Any time a kid is "bad," it means one of three things. 1). They are not getting their basic needs met. They are hungry or dirty or exhausted or spent much of their life not feeling safe or all of the above. 2). They have been physically sexually and/or emotionally abuse and damaged to a point that they feel the need to constantly act out as a sort of defense mechanism. 3). They have some sort of undiagnosed learning disability and spend all of their time in school frustrated to the point of acting out.

So yeah, I suppose in certain areas of the country, it may seem like it's the black kids causing all the trouble, because there are simply more black people in that area making up the poor. But we have plenty of poor white kids causing trouble all over the MidWest, making their educators' lives miserable.

You know what never works with "bad" kids? Suspension. They don't give a rat's ass. They already feel like all adults have written them off, so why would they care about being told not to come to school? Kids like that need a totally different approach. And they definitely don't need to be finding out that ON TOP of them feeling like no one gives a shiste about them, the school is actually punishing them MORE for the same crime as Johnny-B-White over there, just because of the color of his skin. Smooth move, schools.

At the end of the day, all other blathering aside, THIS is why I'm not mad at this school district for the suspension reviews: it came to their attention that there were discrepancies in consistency, and they did something about it to try and rectify the problem. That's called doing your job.

I bet you heard about the study on wehatewhitey.com.

NPR, actually. But I'm sure I'd have to say I heard it from theblaze.com or Glen Beck or some sh*t for you to not dismiss it.

Classic example of an "useful idiot".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Useful+idiot

These people have never been successful at anything in their lives, they are clueless and pure EVIL.

Lol. It's cute how you think you know so much about me. Pretty big judgement to say I have never succeeded at anything in my life. How the hell would you know? You guys need to get some new lines. I make a point of only responding to someone on these forums and forums past in a way that I know I would respond in real life. I don't punk out and tell people they are idiots. Or sluts. Or worthless. Or have never succeeded at anything in their lives. That's the type of thing cowards behind a computer screen say. None of you would say any of those things to my face if we were talking in person. You should all really think about that. Hugs from me to you.
Shortie
Shortie

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Jammer on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:Some of the research I heard not that long ago had to deal with pre-schools. Where little black kids would get suspended...FROM PRE-SCHOOL for things like biting. That's crazy. If you know anything about pre-schoolers, things like biting happen. They are young. They are figuring out what is socially acceptable and what is not. They make mistakes, no matter their race. Some learn faster than others. And I guarantee they don't understand the concept of being suspended anyway! Turns out, white kids were not getting suspended for these instances. Just the minority kids. The "problem kids." This was not one singular pre-school. It was many. It was really interesting and really frustrating information.

As for k-12 grade, I worked with kids for many years in the theatre world. When I was with my traveling theatre company, I spent many weeks in poor, rural towns all over the country. I can tell you first hand that kids are good by nature. It was the greatest lesson I ever learned. Any time a kid is "bad," it means one of three things. 1). They are not getting their basic needs met. They are hungry or dirty or exhausted or spent much of their life not feeling safe or all of the above. 2). They have been physically sexually and/or emotionally abuse and damaged to a point that they feel the need to constantly act out as a sort of defense mechanism. 3). They have some sort of undiagnosed learning disability and spend all of their time in school frustrated to the point of acting out.

So yeah, I suppose in certain areas of the country, it may seem like it's the black kids causing all the trouble, because there are simply more black people in that area making up the poor. But we have plenty of poor white kids causing trouble all over the MidWest, making their educators' lives miserable.

You know what never works with "bad" kids? Suspension. They don't give a rat's ass. They already feel like all adults have written them off, so why would they care about being told not to come to school? Kids like that need a totally different approach. And they definitely don't need to be finding out that ON TOP of them feeling like no one gives a shiste about them, the school is actually punishing them MORE for the same crime as Johnny-B-White over there, just because of the color of his skin. Smooth move, schools.

At the end of the day, all other blathering aside, THIS is why I'm not mad at this school district for the suspension reviews: it came to their attention that there were discrepancies in consistency, and they did something about it to try and rectify the problem. That's called doing your job.

I bet you heard about the study on wehatewhitey.com.

NPR, actually. But I'm sure I'd have to say I heard it from theblaze.com or Glen Beck or some sh*t for you to not dismiss it.

Classic example of an "useful idiot".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Useful+idiot

These people have never been successful at anything in their lives, they are clueless and pure EVIL.

Lol. It's cute how you think you know so much about me. Pretty big judgement to say I have never succeeded at anything in my life. How the hell would you know? You guys need to get some new lines. I make a point of only responding to someone on these forums and forums past in a way that I know I would respond in real life. I don't punk out and tell people they are idiots. Or sluts. Or worthless. Or have never succeeded at anything in their lives. That's the type of thing cowards behind a computer screen say. None of you would say any of those things to my face if we were talking in person. You should all really think about that. Hugs from me to you.

What, you have no mirrors in your house?  Oh yeah, you don't have to worry about me saying those things to you because I don't associate with people like you.
Jammer
Jammer

Posts : 2930
Join date : 2013-05-22

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Shortie on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:25 pm

Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Shortie wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Shortie wrote:Some of the research I heard not that long ago had to deal with pre-schools. Where little black kids would get suspended...FROM PRE-SCHOOL for things like biting. That's crazy. If you know anything about pre-schoolers, things like biting happen. They are young. They are figuring out what is socially acceptable and what is not. They make mistakes, no matter their race. Some learn faster than others. And I guarantee they don't understand the concept of being suspended anyway! Turns out, white kids were not getting suspended for these instances. Just the minority kids. The "problem kids." This was not one singular pre-school. It was many. It was really interesting and really frustrating information.

As for k-12 grade, I worked with kids for many years in the theatre world. When I was with my traveling theatre company, I spent many weeks in poor, rural towns all over the country. I can tell you first hand that kids are good by nature. It was the greatest lesson I ever learned. Any time a kid is "bad," it means one of three things. 1). They are not getting their basic needs met. They are hungry or dirty or exhausted or spent much of their life not feeling safe or all of the above. 2). They have been physically sexually and/or emotionally abuse and damaged to a point that they feel the need to constantly act out as a sort of defense mechanism. 3). They have some sort of undiagnosed learning disability and spend all of their time in school frustrated to the point of acting out.

So yeah, I suppose in certain areas of the country, it may seem like it's the black kids causing all the trouble, because there are simply more black people in that area making up the poor. But we have plenty of poor white kids causing trouble all over the MidWest, making their educators' lives miserable.

You know what never works with "bad" kids? Suspension. They don't give a rat's ass. They already feel like all adults have written them off, so why would they care about being told not to come to school? Kids like that need a totally different approach. And they definitely don't need to be finding out that ON TOP of them feeling like no one gives a shiste about them, the school is actually punishing them MORE for the same crime as Johnny-B-White over there, just because of the color of his skin. Smooth move, schools.

At the end of the day, all other blathering aside, THIS is why I'm not mad at this school district for the suspension reviews: it came to their attention that there were discrepancies in consistency, and they did something about it to try and rectify the problem. That's called doing your job.

I bet you heard about the study on wehatewhitey.com.

NPR, actually. But I'm sure I'd have to say I heard it from theblaze.com or Glen Beck or some sh*t for you to not dismiss it.

Classic example of an "useful idiot".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Useful+idiot

These people have never been successful at anything in their lives, they are clueless and pure EVIL.

Lol. It's cute how you think you know so much about me. Pretty big judgement to say I have never succeeded at anything in my life. How the hell would you know? You guys need to get some new lines. I make a point of only responding to someone on these forums and forums past in a way that I know I would respond in real life. I don't punk out and tell people they are idiots. Or sluts. Or worthless. Or have never succeeded at anything in their lives. That's the type of thing cowards behind a computer screen say. None of you would say any of those things to my face if we were talking in person. You should all really think about that. Hugs from me to you.

What, you have no mirrors in your house?  Oh yeah, you don't have to worry about me saying those things to you because I don't associate with people like you.

I don't know who you're so angry at, but it ain't me, son. I have lots of mirrors. I'm a relatively young, cute, college educated woman who has a good job, and a nice home, and good friends and great family and opinions that I can talk about with people without attempting to completely tear them down on a personal level. So yes, mirrors are aplenty in my home. Thanks for asking.
Shortie
Shortie

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Shortie on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:31 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Shortie wrote:Some of the research I heard not that long ago had to deal with pre-schools. Where little black kids would get suspended...FROM PRE-SCHOOL for things like biting. That's crazy. If you know anything about pre-schoolers, things like biting happen. They are young. They are figuring out what is socially acceptable and what is not. They make mistakes, no matter their race. Some learn faster than others. And I guarantee they don't understand the concept of being suspended anyway! Turns out, white kids were not getting suspended for these instances. Just the minority kids. The "problem kids." This was not one singular pre-school. It was many. It was really interesting and really frustrating information.

As for k-12 grade, I worked with kids for many years in the theatre world. When I was with my traveling theatre company, I spent many weeks in poor, rural towns all over the country. I can tell you first hand that kids are good by nature. It was the greatest lesson I ever learned. Any time a kid is "bad," it means one of three things. 1). They are not getting their basic needs met. They are hungry or dirty or exhausted or spent much of their life not feeling safe or all of the above. 2). They have been physically sexually and/or emotionally abuse and damaged to a point that they feel the need to constantly act out as a sort of defense mechanism. 3). They have some sort of undiagnosed learning disability and spend all of their time in school frustrated to the point of acting out.

So yeah, I suppose in certain areas of the country, it may seem like it's the black kids causing all the trouble, because there are simply more black people in that area making up the poor. But we have plenty of poor white kids causing trouble all over the MidWest, making their educators' lives miserable.

You know what never works with "bad" kids? Suspension. They don't give a rat's ass. They already feel like all adults have written them off, so why would they care about being told not to come to school? Kids like that need a totally different approach. And they definitely don't need to be finding out that ON TOP of them feeling like no one gives a shiste about them, the school is actually punishing them MORE for the same crime as Johnny-B-White over there, just because of the color of his skin. Smooth move, schools.

At the end of the day, all other blathering aside, THIS is why I'm not mad at this school district for the suspension reviews: it came to their attention that there were discrepancies in consistency, and they did something about it to try and rectify the problem. That's called doing your job.

1) Children acting out and causing problems in the classroom also detract from the learning environment making the task of learning for the  kids that behave and are there to learn more difficult. So suspension certainly is reasonable. In fact I'm in favor of expulsion in the most severe cases.

2) If Johnny-B-White is acting out and being punished less than Tyrone-M-Darkie for the same offenses then why are Mpls schools cutting the white student slack and not reviewing his punishment?. Why are they keeping the bar low for Johnny-B-White? Oh that's right, that's so we can lower the bar for everybody . Let's don't strive for excellence when it's easier to embrace mediocrity.

The problem is this is a systemic problem that will not be close to be solved by an inequality of enforcement.

I agreed completely that disruptive students are not good for the classroom and end up
hindering the learning of their peers. We agree on that 100%. I just don't agree that kicking a kid out of school for suspension does any good whatsoever. There are deeper issues that need to be addressed. In school suspension is fine, but that child absolutely needs to spend every day of that time working with a counselor or mentor to try and get to the root of the problem. When you just give up on kids, then they really do turn into bad adults.

Also, if you had been paying attention to my posts so far, you would know that I already said it would be better if ALL suspension cases were reviewed since they obviously had so many inconsistencies in punishments being handed out. You shouldn't try to correct a problem with only a percentage of the data.
Shortie
Shortie

Posts : 57
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

You got to be kidding Empty Re: You got to be kidding

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum