Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

His hatred for Romney is so evident

+7
Darth Cheney
nightlight88
RedWhiteBlue
Tynda
Gomezz Adddams
Skeptical
BladeRunner
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

His hatred for Romney is so evident Empty His hatred for Romney is so evident

Post  BladeRunner Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:29 am

http://greatplainsvoices.com/index.php?topic=9234.msg226969#msg226969

Why does he hate him so much?

It was really evidenced prior to the election with all of the petty threads he started.

It was so bad that he even asked for forgiveness for starting all of those threads.

Now he's basically at it again.

I have a clue as to why he does this....

A comment from one of his MANY neg reps to me (paraphrased): "I can't believe you support that Mormon".
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

His hatred for Romney is so evident Empty Re: His hatred for Romney is so evident

Post  Skeptical Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:23 am

Could the hatred be that Romney was successful without sucking off the gubmint teat 100% of the time or the fact he used a version of bible differing from the only source of truth?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

His hatred for Romney is so evident Empty Re: His hatred for Romney is so evident

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 am

BladeRunner wrote:http://greatplainsvoices.com/index.php?topic=9234.msg226969#msg226969

Why does he hate him so much?

It was really evidenced prior to the election with all of the petty threads he started.

It was so bad that he even asked for forgiveness for starting all of those threads.

Now he's basically at it again.

I have a clue as to why he does this....

A comment from one of his MANY neg reps to me (paraphrased): "I can't believe you support that Mormon".

I agree, the fact Romney is a Mormon really seems to chew on him.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Why is that?

Aren't we, as God's children, supposed to love Mormons also?
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tynda Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:35 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Why is that?

I think it goes something like this: "Every religion in the world is fundamentally wrong, except mine."
Tynda
Tynda

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Tynda wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Why is that?

I think it goes something like this: "Every religion in the world is fundamentally wrong, except mine."

Yup. Some people are like that.
Hey Tynda, I don't mind you using the pic of the American Flag here. I'd even be OK if you used John Wayne, if that's your thing. But the 2 together is a damn insult to veterans. Just so you know. It's not cool.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:06 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Tynda wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Why is that?

Hey Tynda, I don't mind you using the pic of the American Flag here. I'd even be OK if you used John Wayne, if that's your thing. But the 2 together is a damn insult to veterans. Just so you know. It's not cool.

Why? Please explain.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Skeptical wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Tynda wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Why is that?

Why? Please explain.

Even though John Wayne portrayed soldier etc, he himself was never a veteran.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:05 pm

True he wasn't a veteran and IMHO is not by itself an insult by being pictured with the American Flag in the background.

IIRC his situation, he was 34 at the time of Pearl Harbor and classified as 3-A (family deferment), did not attempt in any way to prevent reclassification as 1-A, but the studio (Republic Pictures) did intervene in the selective service process.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:50 am

Skeptical wrote:

True he wasn't a veteran and IMHO is not by itself an insult by being pictured with the American Flag in the background.

IIRC his situation, he was 34 at the time of Pearl Harbor and classified as 3-A (family deferment), did not attempt in any way to prevent reclassification as 1-A, but the studio (Republic Pictures) did intervene in the selective service process.

Those who knew him state that he worked hard to get reclassified and wrote many letters trying to get out of the draft. I don't know if that is factual, but a lot of website allude to those allegations.

While a picture of American patriotism, Wayne did nothing to serve in the military while many actors, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda, Eddie Albert, Lee Marvin, Bob Keeshan, did.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 am

I believe I watched a documentary of him one time that state the military considered him a far greater asset making GI movies then sending him on the battlefield.
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 am

If there are those thinking it an insult to veterans for John Wayne to pose with the American Flag in the background how about we replace John Wayne with Jane Fonda?
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:45 am

Skeptical wrote:
If there are those thinking it an insult to veterans for John Wayne to pose with the American Flag in the background how about we replace John Wayne with Jane Fonda?

As a veteran, I am not insulted at all. While not a veteran, he showed a great love for his country and did a lot to raise patriotic feelings in Americans.

He, right or wrong, is known as the epitome of the fighting spirit of the American GI.

And FWIW, redwhiteblue can go pound sand.

nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:57 am

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
Tynda wrote:
BladeRunner wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Why is that?

Who the hell asked you permission for anything and why do you think you have the moral authority to grant it?
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:59 am

nightlight88 wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

As a veteran, I am not insulted at all. While not a veteran, he showed a great love for his country and did a lot to raise patriotic feelings in Americans.

He, right or wrong, is known as the epitome of the fighting spirit of the American GI.

Especially in a time when the liberals of America HATED the the US military.....

His hatred for Romney is so evident Green_berets_bluray_1-5_event_main
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:13 pm

BladeRunner wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
Skeptical wrote:

Especially in a time when the liberals of America HATED the the US military.....

His hatred for Romney is so evident Green_berets_bluray_1-5_event_main

They still do, JT constantly spews his crap about wanting to cut the military.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:22 pm

"Early in the Vietnam War, when John Wayne visited the 9th Marine Regiment near Danang in Vietnam, a young Marine asked him how he thought it compared to World War II. Wayne scuffed the dirt and said, ‘It’s the same old s--t,’ which became a joke for everyone over there against fake soldiers." --The Editors Field & Stream

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1055/was-john-wayne-a-draft-dodger
Wayne never attempted to enlist in any branch of the service. He begged his new sudio to help him get deferred.
Meanwhile, he was having a torrid affair with a beautiful Mexican woman. How could military service compare with that?
Many of Hollywood's big names, such as Henry Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, and Clark Gable, did just that. (Fonda, Wills points out, was 37 at the time and had a wife and three kids.)

http://www.marine-family.org/cowards/wayne.htm
"Yes, I know I'm putting my head on the chopping block. All you John Wayne worshippers will hit the ceiling and want to string me up. But, that does not change facts, John Wayne was a draft dodger. He refused to do his duty and worse he later, many many times, did everything he could to make people think he did serve. Read below and you will see the truth.

In 1941 Wayne was 34, placing him easily within draft age, and was never classified as IV-F; he was briefly classified as I-A toward the end of the war, but his studio objected, and he was reclassified as II-A, “deferred in the national interest,” and allowed to continue making movies. It’s worth noting that during World War II, other major stars did serve, often with distinction. These include Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Henry Fonda, Clark Gable, Glenn Ford, James Stewart, and Tyrone Power. Gable is especially worthy of note because, despite being overage, he became an officer in the Army Air Corps and insisted on flying combat missions.

Jim Harrison sees it this way: “Coming from a family with two uncles who suffered horribly during World War II, I’ve always been repelled by those who pretended they served but didn’t.

And John Wayne in real life was a draft dodger who never fought a real fight in his life outside of a barroom. Wayne even got his butt kicked by John Ford on their first movie together. Ford was himself a Marine Corps combat vet and disgusted by Wayne's skipping out of World War Two using Hollywood connections."

Last edited by RedWhiteBlue on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Cheney Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:16 pm

In the words of your hero: "What difference does it make now?"
Darth Cheney
Darth Cheney

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeptical Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 pm

If a certain poster thinks Tynda's avatar is an insult to veterans then does that same poster think this is liked by veterans?

His hatred for Romney is so evident Hanoij10

BTW, I too am a veteran and have no heartburn about portraying John Wayne as patriotic.
Skeptical
Skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:35 am

RWB, are you trying to snuff out a person's freedom of speech?

YES YOU ARE
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Forever Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 am

I don't let hollywood determine what is American or patriotic for me. Every once in while they do get it right, probably by accident.
Freedom Forever
Freedom Forever

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:39 pm

nightlight88 wrote:

YES YOU ARE

You don't think I have a right to voice my opinion of that pic?
Somebody here is freaked out about an = sign. Give 'em hell.
I figure it's OK if somebody wants to use a hollywood actor, I just didn't like the combination with the flag, and said so. My right.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

YES YOU ARE

I figure it's OK if somebody wants to use a hollywood actor, I just didn't like the combination with the flag, and said so. My right.

That is your right, nobody said different.

And yet you want someone else to give up their right to post a picture she likes.

Go pound sand, Saddam.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  RedWhiteBlue Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

YES YOU ARE

And yet you want someone else to give up their right to post a picture she likes.

Go pound sand, Saddam.

Never said she should give up her right to post anything. Never. Just said I don't like the combo. You're making a damn mountain out of one opinion on a pic. That's your right too. It's ok if you get on the guy who doesn't like the "=" sign, too. That's your right. But it's his right to say he doesn't like it. relax.

RedWhiteBlue

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight88 Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:37 pm

RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:
RedWhiteBlue wrote:
nightlight88 wrote:

YES YOU ARE

Go pound sand, Saddam.

Never said she should give up her right to post anything. Never. Just said I don't like the combo. You're making a damn mountain out of one opinion on a pic. That's your right too. It's ok if you get on the guy who doesn't like the "=" sign, too. That's your right. But it's his right to say he doesn't like it. relax.

I am relaxed tootsie, you claim the pic insults veterans, Are you a veteran? If yes, did you poll all the other veterans to see if they were insulted?

If no, then you cant speak for them. Only yourself.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next