Just Saying It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOP Presidential Contenders

+6
Darth Cheney
Just Braying It
Clicker
BladeRunner
Gomezz Adddams
nightlight88
10 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

GOP Presidential Contenders Empty GOP Presidential Contenders

Post  Dr. Evil Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:21 am

For not being a Washington bureaucrat, she sure is familiar with Washington bureaucracy.  She seldom votes in elections because she feels out of touch with Washington, yet her and/or her company's pocketbook seems pretty well entrenched. SSDD.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-non-californians-carly-fiorina-20150811-column.html#page=1

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

GOP Presidential Contenders Empty Re: GOP Presidential Contenders

Post  nightlight88 Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:44 am

Dr. Jones wrote:For not being a Washington bureaucrat, she sure is familiar with Washington bureaucracy.  She seldom votes in elections because she feels out of touch with Washington, yet her and/or her company's pocketbook seems pretty well entrenched.  SSDD.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-non-californians-carly-fiorina-20150811-column.html#page=1

A hit piece from the LATtimes? Who wudda thunk it?

But it fits right into your orthodoxy.
nightlight88
nightlight88

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:49 pm

nightlight88 wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:For not being a Washington bureaucrat, she sure is familiar with Washington bureaucracy.  She seldom votes in elections because she feels out of touch with Washington, yet her and/or her company's pocketbook seems pretty well entrenched.  SSDD.

A hit piece from the LATtimes?   Who wudda thunk it?

But it fits right into your orthodoxy.

Unfortunately this article is probably fairly accurate.  I owned HP stock back while she was the CEO and her record was somewhat dismal.  I was not impressed with her performance at all.

However, what is even more unfortunate is that even though Carly Fiorina is at best a second tier Republican candidate, she is several million times better than any democrat in the race or even thinking about being a candidate for president.  Therefore, in a little over a year millions of low information voters will step into a voting booth and vote for a person who is not even 0.000001% as good as Carly Fiorina.  That is scary.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:09 am

The sockpuppet Michael Hiltzek gets much of Fiorina's tenure at HP wrong as did most of industry pundits. Looked at in context with HP's major competition (Dell and IBM) and the S&P average HP's stock price was pretty much on par with the rest of the computer industry under Fiorina's tutelage. Also keep in mind the economic slowdown in the early 2000's and the shrinking desktop PC market were factors in HP not meeting it's revenue projections in an exceedingly tough and competitive market.

While Fiorina never received credit for her work because of the internecine battles fought with HP's board (backed by the absentee ownership groups of the cranky Hewlett and Packard families) the benefit of 20/20 hindsight demonstrates the merger of the two companies has proven that Fiorina's business acumen laid a solid foundation for future growth and was ultimately extremely successful.

Due to the ever changing landscape of a highly competitive industry, HP split the company in 2014, spinning off their consumer division in order to focus on the more lucrative enterprise end of the business.

GOP Presidential Contenders Hewlet10

GOP Presidential Contenders Hewlit10
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:48 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:

The sockpuppet Michael Hiltzek gets much of Fiorina's tenure at HP wrong as did most of industry pundits. Looked at in context with HP's major competition (Dell and IBM) and the S&P average HP's stock price was pretty much on par with the rest of the computer industry under Fiorina's tutelage. Also keep in mind the economic slowdown in the early 2000's and the shrinking desktop PC market were factors in HP not meeting it's revenue projections in an exceedingly tough and competitive market.

While Fiorina never received credit for her work because of the internecine battles fought with HP's board (backed by the absentee ownership groups of the cranky Hewlett and Packard families) the benefit of 20/20 hindsight demonstrates the merger of the two companies has proven that Fiorina's business acumen laid a solid foundation for future growth and was ultimately extremely successful.

Due to the ever changing landscape of a highly competitive industry, HP split the company in 2014, spinning off their consumer division in order to focus on the more lucrative enterprise end of the business.

Excellent points. However you should really take this up with Jammer, he was the one referring to his issue with her performance as CEO of HP.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:07 am

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Excellent points.  However you should really take this up with Jammer, he was the one referring to his issue with her performance as CEO of HP.

You're such a lying sack of crap. You posted a hit piece on Forina by some sockpuppet of the LA Times and now you try to walk it back by saying my disagreement is with Jammer? Hell at least he admits Fiorina would be exponentially better than any Dem candidate currently running.

You must be channeling John Thornton from GLPVQ who loved to roll a grenade into a thread and then play dumb. And like Thornton, playing dumb comes all too natural.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:00 am

You are a sexist pig.
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:07 am

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Excellent points.  However you should really take this up with Jammer, he was the one referring to his issue with her performance as CEO of HP.

You're such a lying sack of crap. You posted a hit piece on Forina by some sockpuppet of the LA Times and now you try to walk it back by saying my disagreement is with Jammer? Hell at least he admits Fiorina would be exponentially better than any Dem candidate currently running.

You must be channeling John Thornton from GLPVQ who loved to roll a grenade into a thread and then play dumb. And like Thornton, playing dumb comes all too natural.

A simple Google search would tell you that her management abilities both at the time and systemically were certainly less than ideal. These articles come from both sides of the political spectrum. An individual's views on her success rely heavily on their particular economical tendencies, which is why I chose to leave that point alone as my post very clearly reflected. Jammer however chose to speak on that topic, which is why I directed you toward him. My post dealt with the notion that she is more seasoned in Washington bureaucracy than she leads on to be.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:08 am

BladeRunner wrote:

You are a sexist pig.

What makes you say that?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:39 pm

Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:For not being a Washington bureaucrat, she sure is familiar with Washington bureaucracy.  She ]

Gomezz, my view of Carly Fiorina is based solely on her performance in her job and has zero to do with the stock price.  As I mentioned earlier, I owned HP stock back when she was the CEO.  While I don’t remember all the precise details, I do remember it as a time of huge turmoil within the company.  There were proxy fights launched by the Hewlett family against Fiorina and they were ugly.  I remember getting all of the proxy notices and trying to decide which way to vote.

And while the Compaq merger was as I remember 100% Fiorina’s idea that was not her only flawed decision.  There was one other huge acquisition and I think it was some multiple in size over Compaq that she tried to PUSH through that would have probably been even worse than Compaq.  I forget if it was a proxy fight or just the pushback from Wall Street that made Fiorina pull the plug on it.  Bottom-line, she really had some swings and misses on acquisitions.

I also remember the ugly annual meetings with not only unhappy shareholders but disgruntled employees.  Fiorina immediately tried to change many things within HP and it is never easy to change company culture.  The larger the company and the more inculcated a culture is, the more difficult is the task.  As an outside and distant observer I felt that Fiorina never understood the need to sell her ideas inside the company rather than implementing them as a dictator.

Because of what HP was, it was probably rampant with progressive liberal culture that was an impediment to good business operations.  And while I am sure almost any conservative who stepped inside the building would have immediately cringed at all the stupid west coast liberal shite that was going on, a CEO must chose their battles wisely.  One only has to think about how all of these dumbass liberals react whenever you want to change any of their stupid behaviors.  They are totally unrealistic.

Bottom-line, I have the same view of Fiorina that I had when she was CEO at HP and that is she did not do a good job.  Yes, she had a difficult task but a leader needs to understand that it is one thing to shoot yourself in the foot, but it is an entirely different matter if your foot is in your mouth when you do it.   As Fiorina found out, that was a fatal strategy.  And while I am sure she learned much from her time at HP, I maintain there are at least 8 better choices in the group of Republican candidates.  And you can trust me that Lindsey Graham is not one of them.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Jammer wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:For not being a Washington bureaucrat, she sure is familiar with Washington bureaucracy.  She ]

Gomezz, my view of Carly Fiorina is based solely on her performance in her job and has zero to do with the stock price.  As I mentioned earlier, I owned HP stock back when she was the CEO.  While I don’t remember all the precise details, I do remember it as a time of huge turmoil within the company.  There were proxy fights launched by the Hewlett family against Fiorina and they were ugly.  I remember getting all of the proxy notices and trying to decide which way to vote.

And while the Compaq merger was as I remember 100% Fiorina’s idea that was not her only flawed decision.  There was one other huge acquisition and I think it was some multiple in size over Compaq that she tried to PUSH through that would have probably been even worse than Compaq.  I forget if it was a proxy fight or just the pushback from Wall Street that made Fiorina pull the plug on it.  Bottom-line, she really had some swings and misses on acquisitions.

I also remember the ugly annual meetings with not only unhappy shareholders but disgruntled employees.  Fiorina immediately tried to change many things within HP and it is never easy to change company culture.  The larger the company and the more inculcated a culture is, the more difficult is the task.  As an outside and distant observer I felt that Fiorina never understood the need to sell her ideas inside the company rather than implementing them as a dictator.

Because of what HP was, it was probably rampant with progressive liberal culture that was an impediment to good business operations.  And while I am sure almost any conservative who stepped inside the building would have immediately cringed at all the stupid west coast liberal shite that was going on, a CEO must chose their battles wisely.  One only has to think about how all of these dumbass liberals react whenever you want to change any of their stupid behaviors.  They are totally unrealistic.

Bottom-line, I have the same view of Fiorina that I had when she was CEO at HP and that is she did not do a good job.  Yes, she had a difficult task but a leader needs to understand that it is one thing to shoot yourself in the foot, but it is an entirely different matter if your foot is in your mouth when you do it.   As Fiorina found out, that was a fatal strategy.  And while I am sure she learned much from her time at HP, I maintain there are at least 8 better choices in the group of Republican candidates.  And you can trust me that Lindsey Graham is not one of them.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sure Gomerr will have some fancy graphs and anecdotal evidence to try to prove you wrong. but by all means, stick to your guns.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:38 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Jammer wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I'm sure Gomerr will have some fancy graphs and anecdotal evidence to try to prove you wrong. but by all means, stick to your guns.

Go pound sand, dickhead.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Gomezz wrote:the benefit of 20/20 hindsight demonstrates the merger of the two companies has proven that Fiorina's business acumen laid a solid foundation for future growth and was ultimately extremely successful.

Gomezz, I would challenge the position that Fioria laid a foundation for growth at HP.  While they have been marginally successful in the personal computer space, and as a side note we usually purchase HP computers as a personal preference, the company overall has not really done that well.   I went and took a look at some of their numbers.  Here are their revenues for the past 3 years in millions:

2014 -  $ 111,454
2013 -  $ 112,298
2012 -  $ 120,357

That is not a record of growth by any stretch of the imagination.  In addition, I see that they are still taking impairment charges from the Compaq acquisition.   They took a $1.2 billion impairment charge in 2012 and who knows what else there has been.  That one was large enough that it made their annual report.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:49 am

These whizzing contests relating to anybodys record in business are irrelevant. True candidates with experience and quals are those with real executive experience. People who have run large corps are the most experienced and those who are or have been governors are next in line. Lessor office holders, particularly appointed office holders, and Senators/Reps are really not qualified to run a govt. BarryO is a shining example of how a unqualified Prez trying to get by on OTJ training and a smile laced with unfulfilled promises can screw up a whole country.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:59 pm

Clicker wrote:These whizzing contests relating to anybodys record in business are irrelevant.  True candidates with experience and quals are those with real executive experience.  People who have run large corps are the most experienced and those who are or have been governors are next in line.  Lessor office holders, particularly appointed office holders, and Senators/Reps are really not qualified to run a govt.  BarryO is a shining example of how a unqualified Prez  trying to get by on OTJ training and a smile laced with unfulfilled promises can screw up a whole country.

Clicker, I would personally flip the order of private sector CEOs and governors.  While running either a large corporation or a state requires the same skill sets and thus probably results in the equal development of those skill sets, I believe there are a few differences between the two roles.

On the plus side for a corporation CEO is the accountability issue.  I believe there is a much greater degree of personal accountability that resides in a CEO.  However, I think that positive for a CEO is dwarfed by the positives that can be attributed to a governor.  That major difference resides not in skill set development, but the range of experiences gained.

A governor is faced with almost every domestic issue both fiscal and social that awaits a candidate in the Oval Office.  Whether the issue is Medicaid, the EPA or whatever, the governors have previously gained valuable experience in each and every one.  And most importantly they have been on the OTHER SIDE OF THE DESK from the president and are well aware of the consequences that states and Americans are faced with due to the heavy handedness of the President and the federal government.  That is invaluable and something that a CEO will have not experienced.

Thus I would place a governor well ahead of any CEO solely based on experienced gained in a previous job.  The ideal situation would be an individual who had experience in both roles.  I agree with you that legislators are near the very bottom of the ladder on this issue.  Not only have they never run anything, but their job is entirely different from the job of being president and thus requires a completely different set of skills.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clicker Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:57 pm

Jammer wrote:
Clicker wrote:These whizzing contests relating to anybodys record in business are irrelevant.  True candidates with experience and quals are those with real executive experience.  People who have run large corps are the most experienced and those who are or have been governors are next in line.  Lessor office holders, particularly appointed office holders, and Senators/Reps are really not qualified to run a govt.  BarryO is a shining example of how a unqualified Prez  trying to get by on OTJ training and a smile laced with unfulfilled promises can screw up a whole country.

Clicker, I would personally flip the order of private sector CEOs and governors.  While running either a large corporation or a state requires the same skill sets and thus probably results in the equal development of those skill sets, I believe there are a few differences between the two roles.

On the plus side for a corporation CEO is the accountability issue.  I believe there is a much greater degree of personal accountability that resides in a CEO.  However, I think that positive for a CEO is dwarfed by the positives that can be attributed to a governor.  That major difference resides not in skill set development, but the range of experiences gained.

A governor is faced with almost every domestic issue both fiscal and social that awaits a candidate in the Oval Office.  Whether the issue is Medicaid, the EPA or whatever, the governors have previously gained valuable experience in each and every one.  And most importantly they have been on the OTHER SIDE OF THE DESK from the president and are well aware of the consequences that states and Americans are faced with due to the heavy handedness of the President and the federal government.  That is invaluable and something that a CEO will have not experienced.

But they have experienced it!!!  Most CEOs have been in the executive suite for many years before achieving the highest office, unlike most Pols.  Business people at the highest points know what the govt DOES to business, it's the other way round with the Pols.  They inflict regs etc without knowing the unintended consequences simply to satisfy a constituency.  Wrong headed.

Thus I would place a governor well ahead of any CEO solely based on experienced gained in a previous job.  The ideal situation would be an individual who had experience in both roles.  I agree with you that legislators are near the very bottom of the ladder on this issue.  Not only have they never run anything, but their job is entirely different from the job of being president and thus requires a completely different set of skills.
Clicker
Clicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Jammer Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Clicker wrote:
Jammer wrote:

But they have experienced it!!!  Most CEOs have been in the executive suite for many years before achieving the highest office, unlike most Pols.  Business people at the highest points know what the govt DOES to business, it's the other way round with the Pols.  They inflict regs etc without knowing the unintended consequences simply to satisfy a constituency.  Wrong headed.

Sorry Clicker, but I still disagree with you for the most part.  You are certainly correct in that CEOs do experience some of these things.  While my original comment was not worded the best, it is pretty accurate.

Consider that most CEOs come up through either the business operations side (sales/marketing) or the engineering side of the business.  As such, they have limited but minimal contact with many of these issues.  There are departments like EH&S that handle many of the environmental regulatory issues as an example, but name the CEOs at a large company that came up thru the Environmental Health and Safety Department.  Good luck in finding very many.  There are a few, but it is rare.  You will more than likely finding those people have gone into some role in the government.

Yes, the finance department has to deal with Sarbanes Oxley and tax issues, but once again the actual personal experiences of CEOs is pretty marginal compared to that of a governor of a state.

Go to the website of any state governor and look at their cabinet officers and the issues they deal with.  You will find things like:

Health & Social Services (Medicaid – Welfare)
Department of Natural Resources
Veterans Administration
Department of Transportation
Department of Corrections
Department of Tourism
Secretary of State
Department of Agriculture
Department of Housing
Department of Labor
Department of Energy
Justice Department
Department of Children & Families

There are a few other, but my point is that of the departments and responsibilities of a governor, most CEOs are lucky if they touch 20% of them and then usually only on the fringe.  

Most CEOs are very focused on what drives their business and in most cases that is customers.  Therefore, they are most concerned with attracting and retaining customers and managing the business to improve profit margins.  Things like logistics, on time delivery, innovation and customer service are usually top priorities for them.  And you will seldom see or hear the President of the US dealing with those issues.
Jammer
Jammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:
Gomezz Adddams wrote:

A simple Google search would tell you that her management abilities both at the time and systemically were certainly less than ideal.  These articles come from both sides of the political spectrum.  An individual's views on her success rely heavily on their particular economical tendencies, which is why I chose to leave that point alone as my post very clearly reflected.  Jammer however chose to speak on that topic, which is why I directed you toward him.  My post dealt with the notion that she is more seasoned in Washington bureaucracy than she leads on to be.

A simple Google search will show that HP has been plagued with nasty corporate board infighting and never seems happy with their selection of CEO. The last decade has seen four different CEO's. After Fiorina was shown the door, HP brought in Mark Hurd who then was replaced by Léo Apotheker who was then replaced by Meg Whitman (former EBay CEO). It seems unable to execute it's chief responsibility and that is finding a CEO they can work with. My suspicion is they have too many chef's trying to stir the stew.

In regards to public policy, Fiorina did nothing more than any other CEO would have done in lobbying policy. It was her job.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Wow. <insert slow dramatic clap here>  He is surely ready for the White House.  Rolling Eyes   Maybe a Frat House.  One has to wonder if that is actually bacon grease dripping on the floor, and not actually ejaculate. Suspect Suspect Suspect

Way to go guys.  You really struck gold with this one.

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  BladeRunner Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:33 am

Dr. Jones wrote:

Wow. <insert slow dramatic clap here>  He is surely ready for the White House.  Rolling Eyes   Maybe a Frat House.  One has to wonder if that is actually bacon grease dripping on the floor, and not actually ejaculate. Suspect Suspect Suspect

Cool video! Thanks for sharing!
BladeRunner
BladeRunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:04 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:

Idiocracy is real. Seriously

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Just Braying It Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Truly think about it. "Der, he just cooked bacon on a gun. Der, where can I vote for him."

Idiocracy is real and it's happening now. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Just Braying It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Ham Flower? wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:

Idiocracy is real. Seriously

I wonder how the cum biscuit tastes with bacon on top?

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Evil Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Today's winner is Scott Walker. He doesn't feel that it's enough to simply build a wall on our border with Mexico, but he feels we need to build one on our Canadian stretch as well. Great idea. Rolling Eyes Obama just wants them to keep their oil to themselves, Walker wants to keep the whole friggin country out.

Scott Walker: How about a Canada border wall?
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/30/politics/scott-walker-northern-border-immigration-2016/index.html

Dr. Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gomezz Adddams Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Dr. Jones wrote:Today's winner is Scott Walker.  He doesn't feel that it's enough to simply build a wall on our border with Mexico, but he feels we need to build one on our Canadian stretch as well.  Great idea.  Rolling Eyes   Obama just wants them to keep their oil to themselves, Walker wants to keep the whole friggin country out.

Scott Walker: How about a Canada border wall?
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/30/politics/scott-walker-northern-border-immigration-2016/index.html

Chuck Todd graduated from the same School of Stupid as you did. Pretend reporter Todd asked Walker: “The most famous incident that we had of terrorists coming over our border was on our northern border. Why aren’t you talking about securing the northern border?” What famous incident was that? Todd seems to be alluding to 9/11, but none of the 9/11 terrorists came across the northern border. The most famous terrorist was millennium bomber Ahmed Ressam who had lived in Canada on and off since 1994 and crossed in 1999, two years before 9/11 and which no wall would have prevented.

Where is this wave of undocumented illegal immigrants entering from Canada every day? There isn't any and it's abundantly clear to anyone with half a brain that Todd is trying to distract from the Southern invasion of illegals by talking about Canada. Got it. Unfortunately Walker is unable to articulate his position clearly because of Todd's conflation of the separate issues of securing the border from terrorists and stopping millions of illegal immigrants from entering the country. A distinction with a difference.
Gomezz Adddams
Gomezz Adddams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next